cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Web Service.

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have created a web service from a BAPI FM by using wizard. The web service is created properly. And activated the web service in SICF transaction code.

Problem is:

1) When we are testing the service, then nothing works and page is not found.

2) The when we check the WSADMIN tcode we cannot see the new web service definition.

Please help me if I am doing something wrong.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this:

Transaction SE80

Create service from BAPI/RFC : Z_Xyz

Service Name: Zxyzservice

Chose option to publish this service in wizard, once this is published you can goto transaction SOAMANAGER and search for your service using name you gave while creating service.

Create endpoint of service, give any name you want. and your service is ready for testing and you can test it now from WSNavigator.

Regards,

Gourav

0 Kudos

Thanks for All the replies.

One more question.

We are working on 2 clients, 1 client is for development and other client is for testing.

When I test my service from SICF in development client, I can see the link opening a webpage. However when I check the same link from my test client page does not open.

What is the problem? do I need to transport any thing?

Regrads,

Abhishek.

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess you have created endpoint in one client which automatically creates service which is displayed in SICF transaction. (I think this is the service you are talking about).

If this is the case, whatever endpoint you have created it will be available in client where you have cretaed. Endpoints are client dependent. So, you have create the same in another client also.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have u configured web service definition in Tcode-WSCONFIG.

If u r using SAP Netweaver 2004s and above releases u have to use SOAMANAGER transaction instead of WSADMIN and WSCONFIG. Those configuration are done in SOAMANAGER .

Regards,

Sudha .

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check it in the transaction SOAMANAGER. This will open browser.

Click on Service Administration tab. and Single Service Configuration link.

Now you can search using Search Pattern provided. Select Both Names option from Field: list box before performing search.

Regards,

Siva.

0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Can you please tell me in brief why SOAMANAGER is used, can we do something without it.

Regards,

Abhishek.

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SOAMANAGER is a single point for WS configurations. Whenever you define any service definition, we need to create an endpoint to communicate with the server. And this endpoint needs to be used while communicating with server. Go through the following link. You may get better understanding.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/b0/787748cf3a4200bb1ba32a62aa8519/content.htm]

You can go through following link also for Webservice consumption in ABAP:

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/media/uuid/20eb3174-41ab-2a10-a383-907faf60eed3]

Edited by: Siva Satya Prasad Yerra on Jul 14, 2009 12:01 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Another question the web service that I have created is not appearing in the WSADMIN transaction code.

Can anyone tell me what is the problem.

Regards,

Abhishek.

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

WSADMIN transaction is obsolete from SAP NetWeaver AS 7.00, SP14. and help documentation says following: The same you can get it from information pop-up.

• Start of Help Doc***************

From SAP NetWeaver AS 7.00, SP14, new service definitions in the ABAP development environment are no longer administered using transactions WSADMIN and WSCONFIG.

The transactions WSADMIN and WSCONFIG will remain active until all old web service configurations have been migrated, which means you can continue to configure web services from SAP NetWeaver AS 6.40, 7.00, and web service definitions from the XI 3.0 environment. You can also continue to access the runtime configurations of old service definitions using these transactions.

However, new service definitions created in the ABAP development environment will be hidden in these transactions.

• End of Help Doc***************

So, You have to use SOAMANAGER transaction if your release is more than whatever specified above.

Regards,

Siva.