Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s_admi_fcd , s_cts_admi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

S_ADMI_FCD and S_CTS_ADMI are critical transaction codes. They are inserted in a role and has complete authorizations ( i.e '*' for all the fields) but the role is not assinged any T-codes. Since the role does not have any tcodes , Is it ok to have like this or is it against audit policies.

Thanks.

Neha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neha,

Authorization object S_ADMI_FCD is concerned to system adminitration tasks like SM04 and SM59.

Please go thru the below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/es/17/174b6e5733d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm

And S_CTS_ADMI is concerned to transports.

See, if you assign these auth objects to a role which doesnt have any tcodes that it might create problems for you.

Because they both have value '*' in them.

If you assign specific values or just display values to their fields then there would be no problem.

=Kapilendra Yadav=

4 REPLIES 4

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> S_ADMI_FCD and S_CTS_ADMI are critical transaction codes.

These are Not TCode. These are Authorization Objects and of course critical. For more details, please go through the documenation of them in SU21 under BC_A objects class.

They are inserted in a role and has complete authorizations ( i.e '*' for all the fields) but the role is not assinged any T-codes. Since the role does not have any tcodes , Is it ok to have like this or is it against audit policies.

>

It's of course get importance to the auditors in production system if you assign the values as you told. But more critical scenario appears if this role is assigned to an user having access to this Objects through any other role.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neha,

Authorization object S_ADMI_FCD is concerned to system adminitration tasks like SM04 and SM59.

Please go thru the below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/es/17/174b6e5733d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm

And S_CTS_ADMI is concerned to transports.

See, if you assign these auth objects to a role which doesnt have any tcodes that it might create problems for you.

Because they both have value '*' in them.

If you assign specific values or just display values to their fields then there would be no problem.

=Kapilendra Yadav=

0 Kudos

Thanks guys for your promt response. What I thought was since the role has no t-codes assinged to it such as sm04, sm01 etc, it will not be an audit issue if a role has these authorization objects with '*'. But what I understand from ur response is that it will be an audit issue beacuse the user may be assinged the t-codes through some other roles. Am I right or am I missing something.

Thanks.

Neha.

0 Kudos

Yes.. Right neha.

Regards,

Dipanjan