Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

statitical goods receipt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

You detailed explanation will ge greatly appreciated on below queries

What is statictical goods receipt?

How system determines whether goods receipt should be posted as statistical goods receipt.

Thanks & regards

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

Whatever info Jurgen gave, it is correct. But following will answer your exact doubt. 

In order to have no inventory posting during GR posting; in MM accounting determination transaction OBYC, for GBB key; you should keep the account blank. This GL is supposed to be assigned to the valuation class of  material master of third party item.

Regards,

Prashant

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After creation of the inbound delivery, a statistical goods receipt is posted automatically. This goods receipt does not trigger any inventory management goods movements. It is only required so that it can be posted (statistical goods receipt), since this allows invoice verification with reference to the ASN/purchase order.

Since a third-party order involves a movement from the vendor direct to the customer, Inventory Management is not in any way affected. If you wish to document the movement in the system, however, you can create a goods receipt for the third-party order.

The goods receipt has the same effect as a goods receipt for a purchase order with account assignment:

No stock update is made, as the goods receipt is posted to consumption

The value of the purchase order is posted to a GR/IR clearing account for the purposes of Invoice Verification.

The goods receipt can be tracked in the PO history.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many Thanks Jurgen,

I was trying to understand what exactly causes a statitical GR, when I post a GR for third party consignment order which does not has any account assignment system posts a GR and here we have to specify storage location and after GR a material ledger document is alos created.

when I create a third party order with account assignment no storage location needs to be specified and material ledger document is also not posted, is this item category causes a statistical GR? where in customization I can see for which item category or account assignment category statitical GR is posted?

Any explanation will be greately appreciated.

Thanks

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

can someone pls help me understand soln. to the last post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In general the Statical GR is done for Thirdparty PO, As no stocks update happens in plant, its only for Information Purpose & just for statistical reasons, This Statistical GRN can be used as reference for booking the Invoice of Customer, i.e. for doing MIRO

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check t.code:VOV5  where setting defined for  Schedule Line Categories for linkage of item category with  account assignment category and assignment of Schedule Line Categories in t.code: VOV6.

Also check material master (MM03) where you have General item category and General item category group which then links in T.code: VOV4 and also check Strategy group and Special procurement key in material master (MM03)

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh k....I am assuming SGR Mean the following....but I am not an expert though.....

SGR is something like that updation of values/costs against the SO but without stock.