cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testdrive Version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts

I was setting up the NW2004s testdrive and after some fiddling it worked.

Now i realize that the testdrives for the MS-world are much more recent - even containing SP's and everything. Is there a reason why Linux is left behind so much compared to Windows? Will there be a newer testdrive on linux ?

regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

manfred_stein
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

See my posting on availability of the DB6 version of NW7.02 testdrive in www.sap.com/shop.

Manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ordered and received 64 bit 2004s TestDrive media D50077574 . I have found that SAPDB_II.tar.bz2 and SAPDB_III.tar.bz2 can not be untarred or repaired. The DVD appears perfect and I have tried installing on different hardware.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem with the DVD media from SAP ?

Is there anywhere I can download the 64 bit 2004s TestDrive iso parts rather than reorder the same DVD ?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Happy New Year Everybody

How is it going with a new Linux Testdrive ? Any release date known yet ?

I would be glad to just have a installer that works with Centos x64. I would volunteer to be the pilot customer for Centos 5.

regards,

Thomas

manfred_stein
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas, FC, Samuele

We are working on a successor release for quite some time now but have been kept up by quite a few things like changes in SAP release schedule (No NW7.02, our dual stack installation for NetWeaver got a "status downgade", partner dependencies for the VMware version). But lets return to the good news: Our 7.01 based version is running fine in the lab, and we are now working with Novell to make the VMware based appliance approach an even easier user experience than our first appliance shipment. We hope to resolve last remaining issues within the next month, and please give us 2-4 weeks for production of the test drive. Will become available over SAP knowledge shop www.sap.com/shop like its predecessor.

Like for the appliance version of our NW2004s version Novell will provide a custom tailored SLES11 VMware image that will allow for "even simpler than Windows" deployment procedure. We will not require a second version of the testdrive any more but the possibility to have a custom tailored SLES version available will already do the job together with the standard testdrive. For those among you who have a recent Linux distro and sufficient disk space, native install of the Testdrive is possible. SDN download is currently on hold, not sure if we will be able to provide a download link to the more impatient ones among our fans.

We are always looking for feedback on distro releases on which our Testdrive is running sucessfully. Just let us know if you would be ready to act as "pilort customers". If yes please specify if you prefer the VMware approach or if you want to install on your Linux box. A recent release, a Dual core CPU, 2GB of RAM and around 40GB of disk space should be sufficient

Looking forward to your feedback

Manfred

0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

Thank you to keep us up to date.

I'm testing nw2004s virtual appliance running on a esxi hypervisor. The conversion and installation of the vmware image on esxi takes 2hours, the installed system was running very well without any intervention.

So I'm interested to be a pilot customer of the fresh release on the vmware approach.

The only one limitation of the current version is the 32bit platform of sles, I presume the next release will be on 64bit, can you confirm?

Thanks you again

Bye

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

Another +1 for the 64 bit platform especially now Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 server have arrived (very very much less resource intensive than its dreadful predecessor VISTA which I junked and stayed with XP).

I hope a 64 bit version will become available soon.

I think big companies like SAP tend to forget now that a lot of testers have very nice QUAD core 8 and 16 GB Desktop machines these days so testing and running SEVERAL decent sized 64 bit Virtual Machine's presents no problems.

The days of lower spec'd workstations are now nearly over so most new devlopment should really be done on 64 bit sytems -- these in any case are FAR better for huge databases and complex queries

I'd love to test the new Testdrive version out with vmware on Windows 7 X-64 enterprise and Windows 2008 R2 server. I currently test stuff already with vmware server - a great testing and deployment tool (V2P possible after testing).

Cheers

jimbo

0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

Any news?

Thanks

Bye

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manfred

I am willing to beta test the new version.

Running on quad core with 6gb mem, Opensuse

Has anyone tried win7 and current windows testdrive?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

Any news about new TestDrive release ?

Regards,

Cleber Santz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nothing yet ???

cleber_santz2
Explorer
0 Kudos

"Testdrive of NetWeaver 7.02 SPS7 is MaxDB based and can be ordered free of charge in SAP Knowledge Shop (www.sap.com/shop -> Knowledge Shop -> Documentation > SAP NetWeaver > SAP NetWeaver), material number is 50105321."

[Linux TestDrive SAP NetWeaver 7.02 MaxDB available in SAP Shop|;

Regards,

Cleber

0 Kudos

I'm interested too

Thanks

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

I've had a chat with my colleagues who are responsible for the Testdrive on Linux. The answer I got was:

In principle, the new testdrive is already done. However, we are waiting on the SLES11 image from Novell which is needed for the final assembly tests.

I did not get a date but it seems that a new version might be available soon.

Thanks,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hannes

Did you have any update on this new testdrive?