cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM install error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I want to install MDM 7.1 and running into some issues. I first installed a PI 7.1 instance and now want to install MDM on top of this instance. The instance name we choose for th PI instance is MDS for sandbox. I am receiving the following error when trying to install MDM

**SAP system MDS exists and is not suitable for this installation service. DIAGNOSIS:Valid instance types for this installation service are MDS,MDIS,MDSS,MDLS, but instance SCS74 has a different type. SOLUTION: Choose a different SAP system ID or uninstall the existing system.

I checked out on SAp and MDS is not a reserved word, which was my first instinct. Anybody know what the actual issue is. I am new to MDM and really could need some help.

Thanks

Andrea Mac Murray

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everybody, I have reread the documentation, and understand my issue.., I truly miss interpredet the Matrix, given in the install guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDM 7.1 and PI 7.1 can't using same SID name in one machine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

I first installed a PI 7.1 instance and now want to install MDM on top of this instance

what does this mean?

Since you are using MDS for PI, you cannot use same instance same for another system and you can give any instance name to MDM system. Try using different instance name than MDS.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since MDS is SID for your PI, it cannot be used by any other system on the same server.

So the alternative you have is to use different SID for MDM. If still you face the issue then try to put the MDM installation directory on different drive on the server if Windows or different mount if UNIX.