cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mercury LoadRunner + Web Dynpro: Assert Condition Violation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day, Colleagues

We've bumped into an interesting issue during the performance testing of our MSS WDA applications using LoadRunner. This issue never happens when we test it manualy via AS or EP.

We are getting the same shortdump for ~ every eights run:

Description: ASSERTION_FAILED: The ASSERT condition was violated

Code Extract:

method handle_event.
*   invisible adapters are not allowed to handle events
    assert_visible( ).

wd_BUTTON ?= m_view_element.
    value = i_event_param_1.
    case i_event_name.
      when 'onAction'. "#EC NOTEXT
->     assert IFUR_NW5_BUTTON~ENABLED = abap_true.
  concatenate wd_BUTTON->_component->id '.' wd_BUTTON->view->name into view_name. "#EC NOTEXT
  command = wd_BUTTON->get_ON_ACTION( ).
    if command is not initial.
      create object server_event
        exporting
            source           = wd_BUTTON
            command          = command
            type             = if_wd_event=>co_action_event
            view_name        = view_name
            ui_element_id    = wd_BUTTON->id
            ui_element_event = 'ON_ACTION'. "#EC NOTEXT

Active Calls:

10. METHOD  /1WDA/L0STANDARD==============CP  /1WDA/L0STANDARD==============CCIMP
      CL_BUTTON=>HANDLE_EVENT 
 9. METHOD   CL_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER===CP  CL_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER===CM01L
      CL_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER=>DISPATCH_EVENT
 8. METHOD   CL_WDR_CLIENT_SSR=============CP  CL_WDR_CLIENT_SSR=============CM00R
      CL_WDR_CLIENT_SSR=>IF_WDR_CLIENT~GET_CLIENT_UPDATES
 7. METHOD   CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CP  CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CM00I
      CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK=>EXECUTE                                                           
 6. METHOD   CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CP  CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CM00U
      CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK=>IF_WDR_RUNTIME~EXECUTE
 5. METHOD   CL_WDR_CLIENT_ABSTRACT_HTTP===CP CL_WDR_CLIENT_ABSTRACT_HTTP===CM01A
      CL_WDR_CLIENT_ABSTRACT_HTTP=>HANDLE_REQUEST

This is a standard event handler that works for every WD action and looks like in this particular case it tries to handle an event for disabled button. LoadRunner uses correct data in the script. I've tested it manualy and everything works well.

I found neither OSS notes nor any information with regards to the LoadRunner - Web Dynpro

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I agree, this error would seem to indicate that an action was triggered, but the UI element it was associated with (a button in this case) was currently disabled. You have to be careful with automated testing. Such test scripts post back to the server without actually interacting with the UI. Therefore it is possible to post back an action that is actually disabled in the UI. Perhaps there is some data condition that is causing this UI element to be disabled under certain circumstances.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved. A bunch of users were missing some specific configurational settings, so MSS apps. were showing error messages and disabled the buttons.

Thank you for your time

JacobDK
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you please specify a bit more what the solotion was? We have the same issue

BR

Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

All

We are struggling with the same issue.  Can anyone clarify the settings that were adjusted or any other tips on getting past this issue?

thx/rgds

Jeff

Answers (0)