cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Setup & Configuartion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There

This is a question on Solution Manager setup.

We are in the process of configuring Solution manager. Basically we have installed two Sol Man 7.0 (Ehp1) systems development (SOD) and Production (SOP)

We are insterested in configuring EWA and also would want CCMS monitoring (diagnostics) for our R3, SCM,and BI systems and we are not implementing CHARM, Service Desk or any other functionalities. I would like to know how to proceed with utilising the Dev and prod Solution manager systems for acheiving the above. I would like to get some suggestion on which system should be used to configure the EWA and monitoring. These are the two scenarios that I am considering and would like some suggestion on.

Scenario1:

create Dev Landsacpe & Solution for Dev systems in SOD and Prod Landsacpe & Solution for Production systems in SOP

Turn on EWA and Diagnostics for Prod system in SOP

Scenario2:

create Dev Landsacpe & Solution for Dev systems in SOD and a master landscape and solutions for all the systems (Dev& Prod) in SOP. Turn on EWA and Diagnostics for Prod systems in SOP

What are the pros and cons for the above options ? Is there any other better options ?

NOTE: We do not have PI(or XI) and have no other Landsacpe config except for BI systems which have been installed as a local SLD. Our R3 4.7 and SCM are on SAP BASIS 620. The idea is to turn on EWA and monitor only the production systems.We are not implementing any Business Solutions in Sol Man system.

Thanks

sapkid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> Scenario1:

> create Dev Landsacpe & Solution for Dev systems in SOD and Prod Landsacpe & Solution for Production systems in SOP

> Turn on EWA and Diagnostics for Prod system in SOP

> sapkid

This is the SAP recommended way to create your solutions. All Dev Systems into one solution and All PRD systems into a separate solution.

check this note 1257308 for EWA FAQs.

Check these Best Bractices for your BI monitoing

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001121992008E

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700001123042008E

Hope this helps.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry to say I don't agree completely.

Various scenario's are supported and recommended by SAP.

I'd always keep my landscape complete in the Production SolMan.

That means, create landscapes and solutions for all non-prd in SOD.

Create landscapes for all systems in SOP.

Personally, I made sure the DEV and PRD SolMan in our landscape have the same landscapes, solutions, logical components and everything else. My point of view is that the DEV SolMan is just like any other DEV system, except that there's no QAS.

So all Development and Testing for things that need to be implemented on PRD has to take place on DEV.

Therefor I want to keep these systems as much alike as possible.

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you have misread my point. Reproducing it here again

"All Dev Systems into one solution and All PRD systems into a separate solution." I didn't mean to keep them in separate systems. But in separate solutions.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

My bad