cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM 7.1 Installation: How many oracle database installations needed ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we plan to install IDM 7.1 on AIX as OS and Oracle 10g as databse.

In the Installation guides I can read that we need an NW AS Java 7.0 or CE 7.1 instance in addition.

We intend to use NW AS Java 7.0 also with Oracle 10g.

Is it possible to use the same oracle database of the NW AS Java 7.0 installation to install the IDM 7.1 database components (IDM 7.1 database schema and NW7.0 java schema in one oracle databse)?

Or, did we need really one seperate native oracle 10g installation only for the IDM 7.1 database.

Best regards,

Cengiz Köseoglu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cengiz,

There should not be any reason that you cannot use the same database.

Previous experience has shown me that sometimes there are namespace issues that will prevent you from being able to properly run the database installl scripts, so you should have your Oracle DBA available if any issues occur.

Best of luck!

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Do you have any idea what SAP recommends on this ?. Does they recommend to install database components as well as the netweatweaver database in the same oracle instance? Is there any notes or recommendations available?

I have only found that Net Weaver server should not be necessarily on the IDM server. We are planning to install AS Java 7.0 with oracle sid as IDM and IDM database components with a different SID . We are doing this since SAP does not recommend using mcode ( multiple components in one database) type for production system.

Can you share your view on this.

Regards

Sahad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sahad,

No one is saying that the they have to use the same database or even that the database needs to be on the same system as IDM. It's just one way of doing it.

You can make arguments either way, but in my experience productive systems usually have IDM and the database separate. Development is usually all on one box.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

we have installed SAP idM 7.1 DB and NW JAVA 7.0 DB on the same host into one Oracle 10g Database.

It works very fine. Taking into account some pre-condition there no problems to do that.

What we have done in detail is:

1. Use AIX Server with AIX 5.3 ML5

2. On this server we have installed NW 7.0 (only JAVA) with Oracle 10.2.0.2 as DB.

3. Patch NW7.0 JAVA to SPS19 on AIX Server

4. Install the Identity Center database schema (include.sql) on AIX Server

4.1 -> Installation Preparation:

- manually Tablespaces created for Idm DB schema ( Installation Preparation:

Apply note : http://kb.acresso.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalID=Q111262 (Section "For end users")

6. Installation SAP JCo on AIX Server

6.1 Download version 2.1.8 from https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000463649

7. Configure AS JAVA 7.0 on AIX Server (Configuring the JMX Layer)

8. Install the Identity Management User Interface (deploy IDMIC02_2-10007482.SCA) with SDM

IdM Management Console (Windows 2003 Server)

1. Install the database client libraries

1.1 Installed ODAC1020221.exe - Downloaded from oracle.com

- Includes:

- Oracle Provider for OLE DB 10.2.0.2.20

- Oracle client libraries (configured LISTENER information to the IdM DB)

2. Installation MMC Console (Identity Center)

2.1 Initial Identity Center configuration: (Windows restart recommended before configuration)

3. Creating the dispatcher and the necessary script files (copy this files to the AIX Server and adapting this files)

4. Create Key.ini file (copy this files to the AIX Server)

All necessary configurations have been done according to the installation and configuration guides.

Hope, I could help to make some decisions a little easier regarding one or to database instances.

Best regards,

Cengiz Köseoglu