cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference forecast results between the Batch run and interactive run in DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I am running the forecast in DP with interactive and batch run (with same selection id and same univariate profile) but i am getting the difference results not both are equal???

Is it we will not get the same results?? If i tried with only one product and only one location combination then i am getting the same results, But if i took n-n combination then results are wrong.

Please help me in this regards?

Thanks,

Sree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You should get same results, if by any case you are getting different or unequal results then following might be possiblities,

1) You might be tunning forecast at different CVC Grouping levels

2) You might be running the background jobs with different selection then in foreground

3) You might be using different forecast profiles

Regards,

Jacky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your quick reply, I have checked all the settings and confiring the same - i have maintained the same selection ans same parameters.

I think so we will not get the same results for batch and interactive run.

May be batch job it will run by each one by one combination, But in interactive run it will considering the grouping, Please correct me??

Regards,

Kotesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you run the forecast interactively it will only be run for those data that you have loaded (if you have been drilling down on any combos, this is the level it will run for).

Remember to check the activity maintained for the batch job, you can maintain forecast profile settings there as well as control parameters.

Best regards,

Anders Thinggaard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I have maintained all settings..like activity also.

Is there any other reason for this???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you also maintain the same aggregation level for the background job as you are running interactively?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Please help to get solve this issue??

Edited by: sree gunti on Jul 15, 2009 1:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you run the same thing you will get the same result. Check to see if your grouping is the same in your batch job. You may be running the same selection ID but you may not be running it at the same level of detail ( this is controled by the grouping). your job log should show you each separte forecast run that takes place in your background job. Are they the same grouping of CVS that you have when your are running in the planning book?