cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Partners for item category - TAB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Why it is not possible to have different ship-to-party at item level for TAB orders.

For item category TAB, the partner functions is maintained as "T" which is "No item Partner". Can you help me understand why SAP has maintained like this.

Please provide me a quick response.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi udhaya banu jeyabalan,

The item category TAB doesn't have partners because is used in business process where it isn't required, e.g. Sales Order that create a purchase requisition.

Thanks in advance.

Mariano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

Kindly let me know why we cannot have different ship to party for different line items for TAB item category.

for example: the customer tells us to change the ship to party address after we save the order.

Any ways for TAB orders we are only deliving to customer.

What is the reason for not allowing to have different ship to address for TAB items ?

Kindlly explain.

Thanks in Advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

TAB item category is used for Make to Order senario, thats why its do not have Multiple Ship to party or Partner determination for Item category..

2nd Make to Order is a Order contaning Customer Specific requirements like ur preparing a proto type for customer requirement (Like new development).So they break down the sales order into diff -diff parts U know (we call it BOM) & we get the delivery date s & quanties for that Make to order from Production Order because here Sub items are related to main item like...

Computer ordered with entena....

In make to order system brekdown the req.into...

1Monitor

2 CPU

3. entena

4.TV card etc...But all these belongs to 1 single material (even though they are also a individual material)

thats why we dont have a provision of partner function for item category TAB....

I hope i am able to explain u.......Pls. ask me if nathing is not clear to you......

NOTE: You can always have a diff. Ship to Party at Header level.......

Regards

Deepak

Edited by: Deepak Dhingra on Jul 14, 2009 6:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Udhaya Bhanu

For your question: "the customer tells us to change the ship to party address after we save the order. "

Please check at line item whether ship to party number is greyed out or not?

If not, please re-enter the same ship to party number over the previous one and press "enter" (it will then ask you for route redetermination, price redetermination etc just press ok and move ahead), it will allow you to change ship to party address.

try and revert.

Answers (0)