Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with GUI_UPLOAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using GUI_UPLOAD to upload pdf and doc files.I am using filetype = 'BIN'.But though the files are getting uploaded,they are not opened. Word is showing error in opening and so is Acrobat Reader.Where have I gone wrong ? Please suggest.

Regards,

Ananya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

How do I pass the filename in this FM? How can it be of table type ?

Also,I am loading the document from the presentation server from one system as an attachment of a BO.

Do I need to pass my system info ?

Will GUI_UPLOAD be simpler for a beginner like me?

Or else,can you kindly explain this FM a bit ?

Regards,

Ananya

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ananya,

Pls give your complete requirement. What you want to ? Where are you uploading the document and what is the purpose of uploading? Are you uploading the document to some Z tables? Are you uploading the document just to display the document? Are you uploading the document to read the contents and further process the document??

When you upload the data using GUI_UPLOAD in BIN format you have to download the DATA again in BIN FORMAT to be able to open the file and read it.

If you just want to open a file from the PC and show it to the user on one click of a button then as explained yesterday use WS_EXECUTE and pass the path where you have stored the file. This will open the document from the PC. This does not upload the document it just opens the document from the PC.

Hope this is helpful

Cheers

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am uploading the document by GUI_UPLOAD and then converting it to a business object which is attached to another business object.From the main business object I am to view the uploaded document just like we open attachments .

So I am viewing the uploaded document from the main business object. I donot want to download it,to view it.

Regards,

Ananya

0 Kudos

Hi,

COuld you give details when you say 'converting it to a business object'? How do you convert the uploaded document into a business object? May be the problem lies in the converting?

Rgds

Vj

0 Kudos

Hi,

You should probably make use of GOS for this functionality.

Check out this document on SDN on GOS. Might be helpful for you.

and that is where the document is posted.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark all the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using GOS only for attaching the uploaded file to the BO.

There is no problem while converting the uploaded text file to BO,then why so for PDF and DOC files ?

In GUI_UPLOAD only the uploaded file in case of PDF and DOC ,gets filled up with junk values.Does the problem lie with GUI_UPLOAD ?

Regards,

Ananya

0 Kudos

you dont need to use gui_upload to load documents into GOS. you can use FM

BDS_BUSINESSDOCUMENT_CREATEF

Regards

Raja

0 Kudos

check out the following thread on how this FM can be used

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

How do I pass the filename in this FM? How can it be of table type ?

Also,I am loading the document from the presentation server from one system as an attachment of a BO.

Or else,can you kindly explain this FM a bit ?

Regards,

Ananya

0 Kudos

How do I pass the filename in this FM?

FILES table parameter

directory = "d:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\"

(please note that this is case sensitive"

filename = <fielanme.txt> "with extension"

How can it be of table type ?

i dont get this question, can you explain a bit further

this is for this purpose only and no local system info is required.

No, because when you upload binary content like DOC or PDF you have to convert it to a propery type before loading that into GOS (which FM or class/method do you use for loading the uploaded content to GOS)

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

What I mean is,when I am passing the filename in the parametr TABLES,it throws error as,filename is not of table type.

How do I pass the filename as a table ?

Regards,

Ananya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

thanks a lot. It is working fine now.Will get back if any more problems occur.

Regards,

Ananya