Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture the Keyboard ENTER action in Editable ALV output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to handle ON ENTER event in ALV grid.

Actually i am using 2 custom container in my screen. The first ALV container is an Editable ALV container and i will receive the input from the user. Once the user entered the input value and presses the ENTER key in the keyboard i should validate the entered value and append the same into my another ALV container.

I have tried using the cl_gui_alv_grid=>mc_evt_enter events also, but i am not able to get the changed value in to my second ALV grid control. Here actually its responding my ENTER action in PBO section, so i could not get the new values and pass to another ALV container.

Could you please any one help me on this?

Regards,

Navaneeth

4 REPLIES 4

former_member555112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Register the edit events and set handlers for the same.

In the PAI call the method CHECK_CHANGED_DATA so that the data changed in the first ALV grid comes back to the internal table associated with it.

Then pass this data to the 2nd ALV grid.

Regards,

Ankur Parab

0 Kudos

Hi,

The user action ENTER is going to implementation of CLASS handle_enter in PBO section only not in PAI. So i could not use CHECK_CHANGED_DATA.

Regards,

Navaneeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How to update the second ALV container from PBO section, is it possible?

Could you please help me on this?

Regards,

Navaneeth

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try transferring the data at PAI of first container into a Global internal table/memory, and then use it in the PBO of the second one to populate the ALV as desired.

Regards,

Nirmal