cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble changing a class attribute in a STATEFULL bsp app - PLEASE HELP!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, i have some trouble changing the value of a class attribute, in certain point of the execution of a statefull bsp app. The scenario is: the bsp app is on a url iview in a portal; i have some link in the portal, that do a window.open (pop up) of that app. the question is: how can i change the class attribute of the bsp app when i close that pop up?, if when i first click the link that show me the pop up, its doesn't create another instance of the class...i mean it continuing working with the same instance of the url iview in the portal. ANY help it will well received. Thanx in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in the url iview pointing to BSP application add the following as the url parameter

sap-sessioncmd=open

so whenever the link is clicked to open the bsp application it will restart the application.

Regards

Raja

(did you try the suggestion for portal version i mentioned in the other thread. why are using url iview instead of bsp iview , may be thats the issue with regard to runtime->portal_version is alwasy 0.0)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Durairaj...yes indeed in the other thread thats the issue with the portal_version attribute, the person who create the iview dont want to change it...so i try to solve it with something else....thats bring me to another problem (posted in this thread). Now i have a question...in the url iview it calls a template that start the bsp app...i mean is not the url iview who calls the bsp app is a middle template...with this scenario can i pass the parameter sap-sessioncmd=open to the url iview or i have to pass it to the bsp app directly when in the middle template i call it??? another question when i pass that parameter via url, it create another instances (apart) of the class or restart the same instance that the app work with until that moment....tell me more about that parameter coz' i am new in bsp and i need help....i will give a lots of rewards point who help me!!! i promise....i am kind of desperade for sure.... thanx in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariana,

Whatever I under stand your problem you want to change the context of bsp application from stateful to stateless or stateless to statefull .

For this you can use this code

runtime->keep_context = 0 for statefull to stateless

runtime->keep_context = 1 for stateless to statefull

Regards

Aashish Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

aashish thanx for the answer but i can't change the context statefull of the app....i just want change the value of the class attribute when i leave the pop up.