Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUIM pulling so many Parameter transactions in S_TCODE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have noticed that SUIM transaction pulling so many parameter transactions in S_Tcode that are basically running different suim reports. First I thought there is something wrong in the system, but one of my friends confirmed it, that has happened to his system when he assigns SUIM in a role.

I checked su24 and I found out that SUIM pulling S_TOCDE which has all those parameter transactions inside of S_Tcode as a field values.

My question is: is that normal for all the ECC system? Also another question came to my mind: if they (SAP) managing all the parameter transaction in S_TCODE through su24 how come not all other transaction (which has check/maintain S_Tcode) pulling all those parameter transactions) Itu2019s pretty strange for me.

Please give you feedback

Thanks in Advance

Cheers,

Faisal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

SUIM is basically a reporting structure and all the reports hanging off it are individual transaction codes (many of them S_BCE).

SU24 is configured to bring through those transactions linked to SUIM to ensure that if you assign it then you can execute the transactions underneath it. If you have a look in the SAP menu, it is structured the same as SUIM, however for lots of us working in security, SUIM is very easy way to get to most of the reports we regularly use.

To answer your question, this is normal for SAP. There are plenty of other SAP transactions which also pull other tx through into S_TCODE.

Cheers

Alex

5 REPLIES 5

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Along with suim you need to assign s_bce* tracsactions without which suim will not work. Its basically report related to RSUSR*. So assignment of suim only will not work. Either add those txns in su24 or need to add in the role.

Regards

Aveek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

SUIM is basically a reporting structure and all the reports hanging off it are individual transaction codes (many of them S_BCE).

SU24 is configured to bring through those transactions linked to SUIM to ensure that if you assign it then you can execute the transactions underneath it. If you have a look in the SAP menu, it is structured the same as SUIM, however for lots of us working in security, SUIM is very easy way to get to most of the reports we regularly use.

To answer your question, this is normal for SAP. There are plenty of other SAP transactions which also pull other tx through into S_TCODE.

Cheers

Alex

0 Kudos

Thanks guys for response,

But My second question is still not clear to me. if S_TCode has been check/mainain for SUIM in SU24 and all the (S_BCE) has pulled reporting tranasction with it, As far as I know whenever any other transaction for example (QM01,QM02,QM03) also has check maintain S_TCODE so that means all the (S_BCE) Prameter transactions will come for above trnasctions in the role.

Is that true?

Please advise

Regards,

Faisal

0 Kudos

To answer you the 2nd question:

First of all S_TCODE should always be in Check proposal only and not in Check/Maintain. This object is available in Authorization data in profile generator with Check status. You don't need to maintain any check proposal for S_TCODE and also in case where some other TCode is pulled by a Tcode included into the role.

For example, SUIM will make all it's reports available in TCD (S_TCODE). As I already told, SUIM is developed to eliminate manual intervention in START_REPORT in earlier releases.

The User Information System was implemented as a report tree up to Release 4.5 (maintained using Transaction SERP for Report Tree AUTH). As of 4.6, the User Information System is an area menu (maintained using Transaction SE43 for Area Menu AUTH).

So the answer to your question in the last line is: Yes

Check the following notes for more information:

[ Note 635096 - SUIM correction of authorization default values|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/635096]

[Note 484433 - SUIM: Missing authorization restriction|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/484433]

Regards,

Dipanjan

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SUIM is basically a TCode which is result of further development of Report Tree in earlier releases. All the reports (all nodes) under this report tree has been parametrized and linked in one Tcode with a new getup. This is also tru if you go to Finance Reports also. So, it is as per SAP proposals and no harm on this. When ever you add them in menu, these parametrized reports will be also pulled.

For more details of proposals for SUIM... please check the entries in USOBT_C table.

Regards,

Dipanjan