cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Approach to Become SAP Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am currently consulting as a Business Analyst mostly in SCM domain, i am interested in crossing over from current area of work into SAP. i would appreciate if you could share some SAP Knowledge acquired and experience with me.

my efforts:

1. downloaded eval full nw04 ABAP edition. Working on learning ABAP.

2. Regularly reading help.sap.com.

can you guide how to get into SAP on my own using other free Resources available on net and how can i get IDES software or note book or remote connection.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have found SAP SCM certification training material pls let me know the link so that I can use it for my certification process. Thanks

Bharanidharan

bharanir2001@yahoo.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check my reply to your post in the Supply Chain Management (SCM) forum

/message/1574736#1574736 [original link is broken]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ghouse,

Welcome to the SAP world. Think its a good decision to move to SAP.

Here's some of the inputs from my end. SAP has many modules some in technical and some in functional. Since you have mentioned that your background has been in to SCM domain i would suggest to check on the mySAP SCM 5.0 domain which consists of modules related to SCM and it would be under functional domain. ABAP is technical and is good for beginers or people who have hardcore programming background. Since in your case you have good understanding of SCM business domain my advice would be to take up functional role. Functional consultants are the front runners in the project and interact with the business people directly.

The find the details about SCM modules suggest you to browse through www.service.sap.com/education

where you have a list of modules offered by SAP with details.

There are few sites which offer remote connections to SAP system. You can check out the trainings forums in sdn as well in www.sapfans.com where you can find details of agents offering remote SAP connection.

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176047&highlight=sapsystemaccess

You Can also use MINI-SAP:

You can order an Mini SAP System at Sap.com at the following address :

http://www.sap.com/company/shop/

Then go to knowledge shop, public access. and search for mini sap.

Otherwise you can also order an book at bol.com or amazon.com

( ABAP Objects ), the mini sap system is included with the book.

I am not sure how genuine they are and whether they are legal. You would need a SAP system otherwise its no use of studying through the vast SAP documents.

The best place to find the documents is www.help.sap.com that is a bible and no other documents can cater to such vast and indepth documentation.

You can also visit other sites like :-

www.sappoint.com

www.sap-img.com

www.sapsuperuser.com ( can find many good study material here)

www.sapgenie.com

Remember select a module which suits your background.

Having said all these things, Few points you must consider.

1). SAP is an ocean, One cannot become a expert in SAP overnight or within few months time. People have spent years in SAP and they still believe they are not even halfway through.

2). There is a huge competition in the market as everyone is switching over to SAP as the market is hot. Getting in to a SAP job after completing the course without having any real time experience is going to be a huge uphill task. 99% of the companies dont prefer freshers.

Analyse all the pros and cons before moving over to SAP.

Wish you all the best and feel free to let us know if you need any help.

Cheers

VJ

Message was edited by: Vijayendra Rao