cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode Printing issue using Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am using a custom barcode in my script. it is coming perfect in print preview and while giving print it is not coming.

The strage thing is when i go directly to SE73 and testing the barcode then the print also coming fine. But when i use the barcode in my form then only it is not coming. I check my code and everything seems fine to me. And basis also checked into SPAD and confirmed everything is fine from thier side.

Please suggest anybody why it is working fine in SE73 while testing and not working fine from my form.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have some bad experiences with sapscript and barcodes.

I also have bad experiences with custom made barcodes and sap/smartform.

My general advice. Use 1 of the 5 standard barcodes of SAP and use smartforms.

i saves a lot of time.

Gr., Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Pls use OCRB/OCRA Font Family(With Size 12,00) in the Paragraph Format used to display the Bar Codes.Please check in SE73 IF the Font is already installed.If not pls request the BASIS team to install it.Thanks!

Also pls the check the printer If it capable of printing the req FONT.

Rgds,

Arnab Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Install the drivers and also check with basis team .

Normallly if it is a Smartform the enire print preview will go as a image to the printer and it prints as a image . whereas in Sap Scripts this is not he case , the printer must be capable of printing the bar codes.

check out

surya reddy

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general, if you want to print a barcode, somebody must draw the bars of the barcode to get a correct print. There are four possible ways to print barcodes from SAP:

1. Print e.g. via a Barcode DIMM/SIMM

To use this way, the printer must be able to print barcodes by itself so it needs e.g. a special barcode SIMM/DIMM module to print the barcodes. ie: HP printers do not contain barcode fonts by default so a DIMM module with the fonts must be installed. The print works as follows:

The SAP sends a simple printer escape sequence to the printer, which activates the barcode printing in the printer. Then the SAP sends the barcode number and finally it sends a printer escape sequence, which switches the printer back to normal printing. So in this way the bars of the barcode are created in the printer (and you only see a dummy barcode in the print preview).

Se the SAP Note 45643 about the sequences for Jetcaps BarDIMM used for printing barcodes on HP Laserjet printers. The correct BarDIMM modules for different HP printer models can beseen on the JetMobile website at the URL below:

http://www.jetmobile.com/products/SJ_BD.htm

2. Print via a barcode.dll

If your printer doesn't have a barcode DIMM, it cannot create the bars of the barcode itself. So this must be done elsewhere. One possibility is that you print via a Windows system, SAPSprint or SAPLPD, device type SAPWIN and a barcode.dll.

ie: Your printer is connected to a Windows system that runs the SAPSprint or SAPLPD program

If you print via device type SAPWIN, the creation of the print data is done in the Windows. So the Windows may create a graphic, which contains the bars of the barcode, and send this graphic to the printer. The job to create the barcode graphic is done by the barcode.dll. See SAP note 14561.

3. New barcode technology

If your printer doesn't have a barcode DIMM and if you don't want to use a barcode.dll, you may use the new barcode technology, which is described in the SAP Notes #645158 and #430887. However this is only possible when printing from Smartforms.

In this way SAP itself creates a picture, which contains the bars of the barcode. This picture is sent to the printer. One important

requirement when you print the barcode via a Smartform is that you have at least release 46C.

4. Use of a barcode font

There are some font files (e.g. Windows TTF files), which contains bars instead of characters. So if you use these font files, the bars of the barcode are printed instead of a text.

You may buy such a font file, install it under Windows and use it via device type SAPWIN according to SAP Note #48803. Since release 46C these files can also be uploaded into the SAP and used via other device types.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Install the Drivers...

Thanks,

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the printer have correct drivers to print a barcode . Not all printers support to print the barcode.

Regards,

Kumar