Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWCV Dependency For Mapping

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my scenario I have a message mapping/Interface Mapping where the source message type/Message Interface is in the same SWCV but the for the Target message type/messageInterface I want to refer to a message Type in some other SWCV .

My question is do I need to create a Dependancy between the 2 SWCV so that my SWCV is dependant on the other SWCV . Bacuase when I tried to create the message mapping , I was able to refer to the Target MessageType in the other SWCV without creating the Dependancy.

Is a Dependancy really Required .

Regards

Nilesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think that Dependency Is really Required....Because as per my knowledge You can Refer Different Software Components Objects Messages within an Interface .....Provided all Are Under one System Landscape..

Regards,

Sainath

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

You would still need to create a dependency , because when you want to transport the IR objects from your DEV system to QA, without dependency your scenario would NOT work, since it needs the Interface defined in SWCV1 to be transported prior to the transport of SWCV2.

If you have the dependency set, your Transpport management system would prompt you to transpot the SWCV1 before you trasnport the second SWCV.

YOu will not face any issues as long as you are in the same system (eg: DEV)

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana