cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DI for updating/adding UDO'entries SBO2005 / SBO2005 SP01?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have recently started using UDO-functionality in some of our addons. This works great but I have another form where I additionally want to update values in UDO'records. Is there any way to handle add/update operations on UDO records outside the UDO-form without having to use direct sql to the UDO records?

I don't want add sql-updates because my addon is used simultainiosly by several users...This is one of the great tings that are handled by UDO's.

After a lot of fuzz I had to add my UDO instance to the form I wanted the updates to occurr. With a combination of a hidden matrix (where I load/set data),one add-button (UID=1,visible but fare left of visible items on the form..) and toggling form-mode and clicking this button I managed to get UDO'records updated like I wanted. The only drawback is that the statusbar confirms every update... I hope this is planned exposed through DI'API. I read that this was planned for 2005...any news on this front anyone, or any better suggestions to handle this? I'm currently testing 2005 sp01 patch3 and haven't seen any indications that this is exposed.

Regards

Leif Skaar (SMB Business Partner AS, Norway)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rasmuswulff_jensen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP's plans are to expose the UDOs to the DI-API in SBO2006A... Really hope they can keep that promise since I also have the same problems... For now I don't dare to insert/update into UDOs, but I've have been forced to do some Updates, and they work... But remember that if you activate the changelog-service for an UDO even updates is dangerous

Answers (0)