cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver File content conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have configured my RX file content conversion with both the ways CSV as well as Fixed length.

For all the values of XML strucutre the file is generated correctly, but for certain situation the File is not generated correctly.

For example:-

For missing XML tags in RX payload the File is not generated correctly-

I have three values in Input two are filled one is blank and for blank value XML tag is not generated and because of which File is not generated correclty.

This is happening for both the cases CSV as well as Fixed length.

Is there any way to avoid this.

I know we can write exist and if with else in mapping but i need to do it for all my interfafces which is not feasible.

Chirag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

used mapwith default for all the receiver comm channel solved the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's a similar thread with a response:

It seems like there's no FCC config to solve that issue, as mentioned above using MapWithDefault should solve the issue (if you use a FixedLength maybe you can only specify the value default as a " ", that should map a constant value if the field doesn't exist, or you can try to use an UDF but i guess using an standard function would be better

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chirag,

You can try to use mapwithdefault (with spaces equal to the lenght of the field for file content conversion) so that just incase if you dont have the value it comes as spaces in its corresponding position. Use this just before the target field after all your mapping is done for the field.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx Satish,

Is there any other way to do it.....in FCC.

otherwise for all outbound interface i need to use mapwithdefault.

chirag

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Thnx Satish,

>

> Is there any other way to do it.....in FCC.

>

> otherwise for all outbound interface i need to use mapwithdefault.

>

> chirag

chirag,

FCC expects a minimum of an empty tag. So as mentioned by everybody else, the best option is a mapwithdefault

but in sender you have an option when it comes to the last fields of a record.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/content.htm

ex:

NameA.missingLastfields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chirag,

As shabharish mentioned we dont have any parameter on the receiver end. I know its a pain, probably in the next release if they add it would add so much time to the developer.

I am still wondering if you are writing a csv file, why it is not printing a comma. Even if you dont have the value, it should come up with a comma in the file. Please check for the fields where you are not getting in moni, try not to be suppressed like as you mentioned use if else.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello satish,

I think becus of missing emty tags.

Thank you for ur reply.

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are using fixed length..

u can try with