cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to exclude src.zip with java source files from archive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All.

Our team have to prepare our SCs (Sowtware Components) for using outside the company. Meanwhile our source files should be protected. We tried a lot of ways to remove all sources from SCA archives.

This SC should then be integrated in third-party product.

Using build options in compartments gives no effect.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Maxim Maltsev.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

To make code invisible for customer we should build an assembly with build option "include_sources"=false.

DCs in such assemblies won't be visible in inactive branch and could be used as non-editable in active branch of track.

The task is settled - client can modify his own code and use our code only via used DC and their public parts, he is not able to see our code.

Also customer can not see private sources as he gets assemblies without sources. Remember - public parts of type assembly shouldn't be of Source type.

Maxim Maltsev.

Edited by: Maxim Maltsev on Dec 10, 2009 3:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was done by configuring build-option in compartment xml files in CMS.

include_sources option should be set to false

But the main aim was to hide any code of our components and at the same time to allow customer to use our components in his development. I found following property in compartment info in NWDI Studio - "modification allowed".

Could we set this property to false somehow and create development track for customer with restriction to change existing code in some compartments? ACL cannot help us as I understand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the development of your SC done in the same track? If not, I believe it's sufficient to add the SC to the customer track as required SC, but not for development... Additionally, you can build a version of your SCA without source archives.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the development of your SC done in the same track? If not, I believe it's sufficient to add the SC to the customer track as required SC, but not for development... Additionally, you can build a version of your SCA without source archives.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

If not, I believe it's sufficient to add the SC to the customer track as required SC

I try to do it at the moment...

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you do not want to modify your existing track definition, you might be able to solve this with a follow-up track: Add your SC to this track, but make sure you select "Archive" and not "Source and Archive" from the dropdown at the end of the line. After this, create a transport connection between the two tracks, approve your SC in the source track, then import and assemble it in the folow-up track.

You can also try to do this in the existing track, but this requires you to remove and then add your SC again (in "Archive" mode). I'm not sure what will happen to your existing sources (and version history) at that point (you may need to import your current SCA to get the source in again).

Kind regards,

Pascal