cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt ob BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am in Support team for XI and never worked with BPM. There is one BPM exsisting in the system, I am not able to analyze that properly.

In BPM at start we have "Receive" step then we are calling one RFC by using "Send" (Synchronous). After that we have "Block" with two exception "IDOC Error" and "FTP Error" . So the block will have 3 branches. I am confused about how system will identify which block to be executed. As of now system is Executing the Steps Written in "Idoc Error" Branch, however I am not able to understand why is it executing those steps. Request you to help me in anylazing.

regards,

Raghvendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
In BPM at start we have "Receive" step then we are calling one RFC by using "Send" (Synchronous). After that we 
have "Block" with two exception "IDOC Error" and "FTP Error" .

are you sure this is your design....having a Block after the SyncSend step....normally the SyncSend step should be inside the block and then have the exception branch....or is it that you are having a Switch step after your SyncSend which processes the message based on some value from the response....

If it is a Block then you define a exception handler and include it in the SyncSend step's System Error section....this will execute the exception branch incase of an error (the same exception handler is used in the corresponding Exception Branch of the block)...

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi raghavendra,

The Block step in general will have Only one main branch, which will be executed by default.

Then there will be optionally two branches, 1) Exception branch and 2) Deadline branch.

1) The Exception branch will be executed only when there is some error in the main branch execution.

2) The deadline branch will execute, when your process runs for more than the time you set for your deadline monitoring in the block step properties.

If possible, can you take the screen print of your ccBPM and post it in flickr or picasa and give us the link, so that we can help you analyze what it does.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thank you, Now I am lilltle clear, but still one doubt. As you told block will have only one main branch and few more number of branches depending the number of exception we have defined in block step. But how system will identify which Error has occured and which branch has to executed.

Regards,

Raghvendra

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can have multiple exception branches in a block.

also for particular steps (like receive, transform, send etc) in a block you can associate a particular exception. So if any step fails the exception is triggered and then it will go to the subsequent exception branch if defined.