cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPS Newbie!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!!

I need a favour from all of u gurus. I am new to BPS. i would like to know what knowledge do i need to learn BPS. It's very urgent for me .i do know bw310 and bw305. i tried to take training from sap america but all seats were booked.

For practising BPS can i practice in same server in which i do sap-bw? Meanwhile i am going thru the help.sap.com documentation.

It would be great if anyone could plz send me some traning materials or documents on BPS. MY mail id is gotginshock@yahoo.com.

Thanks a lot in advance every1.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag and Sat,

Thanks guys for the links and for the information. SO what i understand is BPS is basically "how u do planning etc.". i was going through the forums and got a good understanding. Can u plzz send me some documentation or traning materials at this id gotginshock@yahoo.com . I went thru some of the forums and saw that some ppl have got some materials. It would be a great help as its very urgent for me to learn this asap as i have to start working from may10th.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sap Learner

To work in BW it's good if you have some functional planning experience in addition to your BW skills and it's always advantage in requirement gathering and to understand business process

Please check this thread

/message/1399940#1399940 [original link is broken]

Thnaks

Sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Having knowledge of BW should be sufficient to start, some experience in BW would also help.

You could very much try accessing BPS on your BW server, may not have some of the functions particular to SEM if the SEM package is not installed. But would still have most of the functionality you would need to start with.

The transaction where you do most of the modeling in BPS

is BPS0. It is changed in NW04s.

You can refer to the How to guides link below for help.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/biw/s-u/sap bw business planning and simulation - how to guides list.htm

Hope it helps