cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOCAL SLD on PI 7.0 SR3 High Avilibality Mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed PI 7.0 on sun clustser.

Node A contain DB on cluster Resource Group A

Node B Contain ASCS & SCS on Clutser Resource Group B

Box 3 contain DI instance

Where as per installation guide of SR3 CI is nothing but it is working as Dialog instance. IT mean even if CI fails it will not be problem as there is DI on other box.

Node B contain CI which is not on cluster ( it mean if box B get fail ASCS & SCS will move to Node A but the CI will not move)

Where in Visual admin in Service SLDDATASUPPLIER we have provided the

Hostname as :- locahost of Node B

Http port as :- CI port i.e 50100

When CI goes done i will not be able to access port 50100 , it mean my SLD will go down , even if my DB , ASCS , SCS & DI is up.

I get some solution from gurus as below.

1. Make other system as SLD ( but if i make other system as SLD , then if SLD that system goes down again i will face same prb )

2. Take CI on cluster ( then not of use installtion PI on HA mode , rather of this i can install PI with Central installtion option in sapinst)

Can anybody help me how to come out of this problem.

Thanks & Regards

Anil Bhandary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Yes agreed .. CI is not an SPOF.

But SLD run on the port which you specific in SLD data suppplier and that port is nothing but CI or DI port e.g 5NN00

E.g you have given the port 5NN00 in SLD DATA SUPPLIER which of CI & due to some reason CI goes down. It mean that which you have specified will stop listning, which will effect the SLD.

So, the best way is keep CI on HA and specify the port of CI in SLD DATA SUPPLIER

Thanks & Regards

Anil Bhandary

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ashok,

The last option is you have to bring Centrance Instance of PI in HA Mode.

Regards,

Anil Bhandary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ours is a Web As Java .

We were not able to install CI in HA as it is not SPOF.SAP had also confirmed this.

Hence the problem with sld.

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

I had a similar problem and my solution was that one:

I installed a Web Dispatcher and made it high available too. In my case the web dispatcher has the same fqdn as the scs-instance, but another port. Now i enter the sld not via http://<fqdn ci>:5xx00/sld or http://<fqdn di>:5xx00/sld but via the web dispatcher http://<fqdn scsci>:20222/sld. 20222 is as good as 50555 or 71666 - the port is up to you 🐵

Server and port for the sld connection can be configured in visual admin (SLD data supplier) - you have to enter the data on two tabstrips. Voila - you can connect the sld after a takeover with no CI available...

Maybe my solution will help you to solve your problem

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We too face this exact problem..but we are not in a position to configure web dispatcher as it sit in dmz zone..

Is their any other way out ...has SAP addressed this problem in any note etc..

Many Thanks for any help.

Ashok