cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Payload of SXMB_MONI stored in Some table?

former_member204873
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

I am looking at table named SXMSPERROR, is it possible to resend the message(not using SXMB_MONI restart option) if there is an entry for any interface in this table.

Is Payload of SXMB_MONI stored in Some table, so that we can get the payload using Message ID?

Please help if possible! Thanks!

Mayank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

If you want to resend the error messages, you can probably use the standard Report : RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES.

If you wantto do that automatically, you can schedule it in background.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member204873
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Ravi,

How to schedule messages with Error status in background?

Also can we resend the message which are stuck in the queue?

Thanks,

Mayank

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Genrally RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGE program use for restart error message in background, but this program can't restart message (which messages stuck in queu). RSQIWKEX Through this prgram we can restart messages (which messages stuck in queue). For this program execution we need to pass queue name as input while executing in background.

I hope now clear.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check this blog on how to restart/ resend the message: /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member204873
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I was going through the blog by michal: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/09/xi-restarting-successfully-processed-messages, it says about a report RSXMB_SUPPORT_RESTART by which we can restart successfully processed payloads.

I used this report in POC evnironment, and by this report i am able to resend successfully processed messages as well as Messages with errors.

So can u please help me in understanding advantages/ disadvantages of using these reports:

RSXMB_SUPPORT_RESTART

RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES

What will be the difference if i restart failed message using these reports?

Thanks,

Mayank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mayank,

One of the difference I see is:

RSXMB_SUPPORT_RESTART is for restart of messages for support. It is not allowed for productive systems because of duplicated messages is the help given from the report. Please go to se38 and open the program, there in the first few lines you can see some help for what it is used for. Also this is used to send a successful processed message, so why we will do this in production. For developer or support personnel testing we can use this.

Where as RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES is used for restarting the messages in any system.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

RSXMB_SUPPORT_RESTART is mainly used by SAP support to analyze any problems.please check SAP Note 1340151 for more information.There is no support for this report from SAP hence it shouldn't be scheduled in Prd

RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES on the other hand is a standard which SAP recommends to schedule so that you can restart any failed messages.This should be used in prd instead of RSXMB_SUPPORT_RESTART

Thanks

Aamir

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this table for the messages exchanged through IE (SXMB_MONI): SXMSPMAST

From the table name that you mentioned it looks that you are looking to resend the error message, to do so you can take help from the background process mentioned by Ravi.....there is even a blog which mentions how to Resend the messages...just make a search on sdn and you will get it easily...

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

table SXMSPMAST (and SXMSPMAST2 if you use switch procedure) is the XI master table for XI messages.

Regards,

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have u tried with message monitoring window...I think u will get payload there using Msgid

Regards,

Sudha.