cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto defect recording not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I read one section about defect recording checkbox in the material master in the SAP help portal and it said

u201CIf you set this indicator and an inspection characteristic is rejected during results recording, the function for recording defects for a characteristic is automatically called up. In this situation, a distinction must be made between the following cases: 1 - Defects recording in the background; 2 - Defects recording in dialogu201D

I perform a testing on one material with defect recording checked in material master, and I have inserted three defect codes for the rejection in this inspection plan (i.e. General, Upper Tol, and Lower Tol). Next, an inspection lot created on this material with this inspection plan triggered. This inspection characteristic has a control indicator of summarize recording.

Next, I purposely make this inspection characteristic to fail (i.e. with reject checked, and accepted uncheck) during result recording. However, I donu2019t see any defect recording appear in dialog NOR does it in background?

Am I missing something on my configuration or master data?

Thanks.

YY

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yong

System doesnt behave like this. Automatic defect recording depends on the result you enter and not on the C1 or D1

The automatic defect recording concept is like this

1) if you have an mic with lower limit 20 upper limit 200. if you result is 210 which higher than the upper limit then system rejects this values annd whatever defect code you have put for upper limit will be used.

2) if your result is 15 which is lower than your lower spec system will reject the mic and the catalog set for lower specification will be used

Regards

gajesh

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajseh,

Same.

By the way, why Sampling Schema, and u201CAttribute non-conforming unitu201D cannot?

Do I have to use these two in order to trigger the correct defect code during auto defect recording? I donu2019t think so right?

Regards,

YY

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yong

test with Manual valuation and with sampling type like 100% or fixed. Telll me how the system bahaves

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Does anyone know my question?

Thanks,

YY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

1) The following is the information:

Upper Limit: 210Kg, Lower Limit: 5kg, Target: 50kg

I ONLY entered the following two values on the detail pops-up screen:

- Sample size: 32

- No. Above: 7

After this, I hits the u201CShare..u201D button, and the system generate u201C21.88 %u201D on the scrap and Frac. Above field.

My C1 and D1 on this particular sample plan:

Lot Size -Sample Size-c1--

d1
c2
---- d2----c3---d3--c4--d4 -
c5

d5

c6

d6

c7
--

d7

280--

---0---0

--

The catalog defect code in the sampling procedure:

General: 24

Upper Limit: 06

Lower Limit: 05

The MIC setup: It is a summarize recording; defect recording box checked, required characteristic, and a fixed scoping.

The sampling procedure is: Sampling Schema and Attribute Insp. Nonconf. Unit.

Thus, after pressing the lock icon key, this characteristic is rejected, and the Charac. Defect field appear a red flag icon, which means defect recording called up automatically. However, when I zoom into this defect recording, the defect code class gotten triggered is 24 (i.e. the General).

The sample size inspected above the limit is 7 which is way beyond d1 of 6. Shouldnu2019t it be 06?? Did I miss out anything?

2) I will test it and let you know.

Thanks

YY

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yong

1) I have tested . for me the defect for upper limit is been chosen for defect recording. please check for you system . please let me know what is the C1/d1 you have mentioned

2) it is the standard behavior that once the defect recording is done system will create a notification automaticaly. You can check when saving the defect recording system saves the notiication

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

1 - The Sampling Type: Sampling Scheme, and the Valuation Code: Attribute Inspection NonConf unit. Yes, the defect recording does take place; however, my first question is which is why the defect code trigger by the system is a defect code for General Rejection? Should the system pick up the Defect code for the Upper Limit when this MIC is reject because it is fall above the upper limit (50 to 100, but the mean result is 127.536)??

2 u2013 I check on QM02 for this material and there is no notification generate. My 2nd question is actually u201CWhen the auto defect recording took place, looks like I still require to manually press the activate NOTIFICATION button. Is it possible that the system to automatically activate the notificationu201D. I tested this auto defect recording (i.e. checked the defect recording checkbox) and it indeed take place like what I described on my previous posting. However, the system does not perform auto notification. Is this result because I have two MIC inspected in which one is accepted, and another is rejected?

THanks.

YY

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yong

1) Please let me know what is sampling type and valuation mode you are using for this. If you use any sampling type with manaul valuation then according to the specification defect recording will take place

2) Notification is created automaticaly. once the defect recording is automaticaly done and while you can see it will save notification. if you goto QM02 soon after that you will get the notification

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

1 u2013 Yes the MIC was rejected (i.e. rejected box is check and accept box is uncheck. And Valuation has a X red sign)

2 u2013 You are right that the u201CDefect recording automatic means you will be able to see a red flag in character defects tabu201D. And I have setup up 3 defect codes on this MIC (i.e. defect code for General Rejection, defect code for upper limit, and defect code for lower limit). This cause defect recording take place directly at background (The background means inserting the defect code based on the level in which the result fail into in the defect recording dialog box, and trigger the red color flag on the Character Defect field in the General tab on QE51N screen).

Question 1:

However, this brings another interesting question, which is why the defect code trigger by the system is a defect code for General Rejection? Should the system pick up the Defect code for the Upper Limit when this MIC is reject because it is fall above the upper limit (50 to 100, but the mean result is 127.536)??

Question 2:

When the auto defect recording took place as per describe above, looks like I still require to manually press the activate NOTIFICATION button. Is it possible that the system to automatically activate the notification?

Thanks

YY

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u tell me, in material master where u have maintained defect recording settings.

According to me it is only possible to maintain in inpection plan , MIC.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yong

please check these things

1) Is the MIC getting rejected

2) Defect recording automatic means you will be able to see a red flag in character defects tab

regards

gajesh