Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

result recording acceptance and rejection checkbox got problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear guru,

I have 3 questions;

Background: an inspection lot created with two inspection specification. The first inspection characteristic has a control indicator of summarize recording while the second inspection characteristic has a control indicator of single recording.

1st Question:

The first inspection characteristic has a mean value (i.e. value in the result field) which fall outside the lower and upper limit, but system valuated it as ACCEPT (i.e. accept box checked, and reject box unchecked, and the valuation field has a green check sign). Why? Shouldn't it be rejected as the result (i.e. mean value) fall outside the range?

I notice the problem not only incurs to inspection characteristic with summarize recording, but single recording as well.

2nd Question:

The second inspection characteristic (which is single recording) has ONE actual sample size that is tested fall above the Upper limit.

Out of the total 125 sample sizes value entered, one sample size value is falling outside the upper limit (the defect class is u201C01 Critical defectu201D and the u201CNo. Aboveu201D field is 1), and the system consider the this inspection characteristic as u201CAcceptu201D (i.e. the accept checkbox is checked and reject checkbox is uncheck when I hits the Close (i.e. lock sign) button; Further the valuation field is checked. Shouldnu2019t the system evaluate it as reject (i.e. with the rejected box checked and accept box uncheck if one of the inspection sample size has a value which is either fall outside the upper or the lower limit?

3rd Question:

Do I always have to press the Close (i.e. lock sign) button in order to trigger the acceptance and rejection (i.e. the two checkboxes) of the inspection characteristic?

Thanks.

YY

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh and Sujit,

1st question u2013 May I know under what combination of <Sampling Type and Valuation Mode> the system will use the Non-Conforming Units (i.e. Number of Rejected Unit and Accept Unit in the sampling plan table) for valuation and under what combination is the valuation is on Mean value?

The following are the valuation mode on standard SAP:

100 u2013 attribute inspection nonconf. Unit

110 u2013 attribute inspection nonconf. Unit / Manual

200 u2013 attribute inspection number of defect.

210 u2013 attribute inspection number of defect /Manual

300 u2013 variable inspection s-method (one limit)

310 u2013 variable inspection s-method (two limits)

400 u2013 valuation according to character attribute code

500 u2013 manual valuation

510 u2013 without valuation parameters

700 u2013 mean value within tolerance range

800 u2013 SPC inspection.

3rd question u2013 The result configuration indicator used in the plant level setting is empty (i.e. no background function). That explains why I need to manually clicks the Lock icon button whenever I perform result recording on this plant.

Thanks

YY.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear YY,

You nee to select Sampling Type as per your reqmnt and accordingly if you select "700 Mean Value within tolerance range" system automatically valuates the characteristics based on the Mean Value.

Best Regards,

K. Raghavendra Nayak

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yong

Q1 ) System will consider mean for this many valuations

300 u2013 variable inspection s-method (one limit)

310 u2013 variable inspection s-method (two limits)

400 u2013 valuation according to character attribute code

500 u2013 manual valuation

510 u2013 without valuation parameters

700 u2013 mean value within tolerance range

800 u2013 SPC inspection.

and rest will be based nonconformance and defect

Q2) Yes. that is the reason. You need to maintain that in the plant level setting

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Does anyone know my problem on the 1st question?

THanks

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yong

1) If your sampling is based on Sampling scheme then you rejection will be based on the acceptance and rejection number only. SO what is the c1/d1 that you have maintained

2) Yes you are right

3) System actualy does automatic valutation and closes the mic. Please let me know what is the recording configuration you have maintained. SPRO > QM > Basic Settings > Maintain Settings at Plant Level> plant > Result recording tab > Recording configuration > maintain Automatic Close

What is Automatic close means can be checked in SPRO >QM > Quality Inspection > Results Recording > Define Recording Configuration

4) Force close is to close the mic even if you have not RR or you have not recorded till the sample size. The normal lock button is to valuate the MIC

hope this helps

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

1st Question:

The first inspection characteristic has a mean value (i.e. value in the result field) which fall outside the lower and upper limit, but system valuated it as ACCEPT (i.e. accept box checked, and reject box unchecked, and the valuation field has a green check sign). Why? Shouldn't it be rejected as the result (i.e. mean value) fall outside the range?

The sampling Type is u2018300 Use Sampling Schemau2019, and the valuation mode is u2018100 Attribute Inspection Nonconf. Unitu2019

here the valuaton is NOT on MEAN value.It is on non-conforming units(number of units rejected)

this is a reason it is showing accepted tab.

2nd Question:

The second inspection characteristic (which is single recording) has ONE actual sample size that is tested fall above the Upper limit.

This depends on your acceptence number of the sampling scheme.it must be higher than 1.check C1 value.

3rd Question:

Do I always have to press the Close (i.e. lock sign) button in order to trigger the acceptance and rejection (i.e. the two checkboxes) of the inspection characteristic?

Yes this needs to be done because valuate is for valuation of char (acceptence or rejection) status 3

but close is to close the char.status 5 .this is helpful in short term inspection.one char is recorded not one should able to change it again.

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh, please ignore my two message above.. please read this...

1) The sampling Type is u2018300 Use Sampling Schemau2019, and the valuation mode is u2018100 Attribute Inspection Nonconf. Unitu2019. The Lower to Upper limit is 5 kg to 210 kg, Target Value is 50 kg. The mean value is 212 kg; The Maximum: 250, and Minimum: 50. Next, I click on the Lock icon button, the Accept is checked while the Reject is unchecked. Further, the valuation field is checked. Even if I entered the mean value up to 400, or 3 (but there is a yellow warning message that said out of range), yet it is still consider accept and NOT reject (off-course have to manually click the Lock icon button first)

2) I think you are right. This MIC is a single recording, and there are 125 single recording. All of the measure values for these 125 recordings are fall under the lower to upper limit (I.e. 50% to 100%) EXCEPT one single sample recording value is 101% (i.e. above the upper limit. However, the total mean value added for these 125 recording is 74.864 which is between lower and upper. Thus, this explain why the system accept it, am I right? (FYI, I tested it and it prove right)

3) The valuation mode of this sampling procedure is exactly you said (i.e. 100 Attribute Inspection Nonconf. Unit), and the inspection scope is Fixed Scope. However, after I have keyed in the summarized mean value 211 which is fall outside the lower and upper limit (5 to 210) without entering any value on the u2018No.Aboveu2019, u2018Maximumu2019, u2018Minimumu2019, and u2018No.Belowu2019 field. Next I hit enter key, the Status change from 1 to 2 (i.e. process). However, both Accept and Reject checkboxes are still showing no checking sign. The checking sign ONLY shown on the Accept checkbox (which is wrong anyway on question 1 above) when I clicks the Lock icon button. Why? Do I really have to click this lock icon button in order to force the system to trigger the check sign on either of the accept/reject boxes?

4) Actually what is the purpose of Lock icon button (that is Close) and another Lock icon button (that is Force)?

Thanks

YY

Former Member
0 Kudos

PLEASE IGNORE PREVIOUS MESSAGE, AS IT IS HARD TO READ, I rewrite the following...

Hi Gajesh,

1) I dont know why system is accepting if the summarized value is outside the specification limit. Please let me know the sampling type and valuation mode

YY>>The sampling Type is u201C300 Use Sampling Schemau201D, and the valuation mode is u201C100 Attribute Inspection Nonconf. Unitu201D. The Lower to Upper limit is 5 kg to 210 kg, Target Value is 50 kg. The mean value is 212 kg; The Maximum: 250, and Minimum: 50. Next, I click on the Lock icon button, the Accept is checked while the Reject is unchecked. Further, the valuation field is checked. Even if I entered the mean value up to 400, or 3 (but there is a yellow warning message that said out of range), yet it is still consider accept and NOT reject (off-course have to manually click the Lock icon button first).. Why?

2) System need not be rejecting the MIC. It all depends on the rejection number you are having. If the mean value of all the 125 values is within the spec limit system it will not reject the mic.

YY>>I think you are right. This MIC is a single recording, and there are 125 single recording. All of the measure values for these 125 recordings are fall under the lower to upper limit (I.e. 50% to 100%) EXCEPT one single sample recording value is 101% (i.e. above the upper limit. However, the total mean value added for these 125 recording is 74.864 which is between lower and upper. Thus, this explain why the system accept it, am I right? (FYI, I tested it and it prove right)

3) You need not do it. you can select valuation mode as attribute non conforming units. But make sure that you have fixed scope selected for this. only then system will valuate on its on

YY>>The valuation mode of this sampling procedure is exactly you said (i.e. 100 Attribute Inspection Nonconf. Unit), and the inspection scope is Fixed Scope. However, after I have keyed in the summarized mean value 211 which is fall outside the lower and upper limit (5 to 210) without entering any value on the u201CNo.Aboveu201D, u201CMaximumu201D, u201CMinimumu201D, and u201CNo.Belowu201D field. Next I hit enter key, the Status change from 1 to 2 (i.e. process). However, both Accept and Reject checkboxes are still showing no checking sign. The checking sign ONLY shown on the Accept checkbox (which is wrong anyway on question 1 above) when I clicks the Lock icon button. Why? Do I really have to click this lock icon button in order to force the system to trigger the check sign on either of the accept/reject boxes?

4) Actually what is the purpose of Lock icon button (that is Close) and another Lock icon button (that is Force)?

Thanks

YY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

1) I dont know why system is accepting if the summarized value is outside the specification limit. Please let me know the sampling type and valuation mode

YY: The sampling Type is u201C300 Use Sampling Schemau201D, and the valuation mode is u201C100 Attribute Inspection Nonconf. Unitu201D. The Lower to Upper limit is 5 kg to 210 kg, Target Value is 50 kg. The mean value is 212 kg; The Maximum: 250, and Minimum: 50. Next, I click on the Lock icon button, the Accept is checked while the Reject is unchecked. Further, the valuation field is checked. Even if I entered the mean value up to 400, or 3 (but there is a yellow warning message that said out of range), yet it is still consider accept and NOT reject (off-course have to manually click the Lock icon button first)

2) System need not be rejecting the MIC. It all depends on the rejection number you are having. If the mean value of all the 125 values is within the spec limit system it will not reject the mic.

YY: I think you are right. This MIC is a single recording, and there are 125 single recording. All of the measure values for these 125 recordings are fall under the lower to upper limit (I.e. 50% to 100%) EXCEPT one single sample recording value is 101% (i.e. above the upper limit. However, the total mean value added for these 125 recording is 74.864 which is between lower and upper. Thus, this explain why the system accept it, am I right? (FYI, I tested it and it prove right)

3) You need not do it. you can select valuation mode as attribute non conforming units. But make sure that you have fixed scope selected for this. only then system will valuate on its on

YY: The valuation mode of this sampling procedure is exactly you said (i.e. 100 Attribute Inspection Nonconf. Unit), and the inspection scope is Fixed Scope. However, after I have keyed in the summarized mean value 211 which is fall outside the lower and upper limit (5 to 210) without entering any value on the u201CNo.Aboveu201D, u201CMaximumu201D, u201CMinimumu201D, and u201CNo.Belowu201D field. Next I hit enter key, the Status change from 1 to 2 (i.e. process). However, both Accept and Reject checkboxes are still showing no checking sign. The checking sign ONLY shown on the Accept checkbox (which is wrong anyway on question 1 above) when I clicks the Lock icon button. Why? Do I really have to click this lock icon button in order to force the system to trigger the check sign on either of the accept/reject boxes?

Thanks

YY.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yong

1) I dont know why system is accepting if the sumarised value is outside the specification limit. Please let me know the sampling type and valuation mode

2) System need not be rejecting the MIC. It all depends on the rejection number you are having. If the mean value of all the 125 values is within the spec limit system it will not reject the mic

Regards

gajesh