cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing size of SAPREORG Directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We do DB backup for our quality system once in two days. Though we get it done successfully, we get some warnings. Its saying that "the /oracle/sid/sapreorg has not enough space. it says it should have atleast 3GB.

i want to know what type of data is stored in this sapreorg directory. Is there any possiblity to increase the filesystem manually. We are using IBM AIX operating system.

Will there be any problem in the database if we delete some of the files in sapreorg directory.

Please anyone guide me in this regard.

Regards,

Sailesh K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sailesh,

The SAPREORG directory is used to hold log files for brspace and is also used as the standard "dump" directory where the files and scripts are placed during a table reorganisation.

This directory is normally a seperate filesystem and this can be enlarged by your AIX people. This can even be done while your system is running, as long as brspace is not doing any actions.

This means you have to check your crontab and/or DB13 to make sure there are no brspace actions scheduled.

Of course you could also ignore the warning, but that can be dangerous bacuase then you always expect the backup to end with warnings and miss another warning that is potentially more severe.

As to the question about removing files, please checkout chapter 1.5 in the <a href="https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700001789182002E">BRCONNECT</a> manual.

I hope this information is enough to get you started.

Kind regards,

Alexander Webster

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can delete the oldest logfile directory in sapreorg directory safely to free up space.

on unix level, type command ls -lt with oracle user to see the oldest directory and remove it with rm -r (directory).

Increasing the filesystem is another option, but sapreorg only contains logfiles and should be maintained regularly by deleting old stuff that you no longer need.

All directories that contain logfiles need to be maintained the same way.

Hope that helps.

Cyrus

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

<b>You should extend table spaces for oracle</b>. i don't know how exactly we should do it. but your BASIS team will surely know the procedure. as far as i hear, its longful pain process.

Regarrds

Ak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arun,

Which table space to extend? please guide me in this regard.