cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx Web in BI 7

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are in the process of installing new netweaver 2004s server with BI 7 and would in the process like to utilize the latest features of BI 7 mainly the Bex Web and enhancements in Bex web like drag & Drop, Adobe Engine etc to name a few in addition to the planning modeler. For this purpose, the components we have selected during installation are

AS ABAP

AS JAVA

BI JAVA

EP core

EP

In this regard, are all these components required or am I missing any components in my installation? Will I be able to have the Bex web enhancements after my portal integration setup? Thanks a lot

Suneeth

Edited by: Suneeth on Jul 13, 2009 10:28 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You also need the components BI-WEBAPP and BI-BASES please check if you already have these and proceed.

Regards,

Pavan

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The componets you have selected are perfect.You can use BEx with these because that is part of BI.

BI runs on WAS Java and it need EPCore as well.

If you choose EP ,then you have a Portal with BI.

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In this regard, are all these components required or am I missing any components in my installation? Will I be able to have the Bex web enhancements after my portal integration setup

You are driving in the right path,you could find the same information in Installation guide

Regards

Uday