cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict Alerts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to restrict the alert from popping up again after the user takes action on it. How is this possible?

Scenario: I created an alert for informing discounts. But this appears even after the user takes action on it.

Thanks and regards

Ajith G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Still no replies to this query. No solution for this?

former_member197621
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai Ajith G

First explain me what setting u make in Alert,it means how u are triggering the alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

I created a query to select the sales order which is having a discount percentage greater than 5 and selected this query to create the alert. The alert will pop up for manager.

Now if the user creates a Sales order with number 10 with a discount of 5% an alert appears for the manager.

He selects it and verify and found it is given for a good customer and removes the alert.

In this situation I don't want to pop up the alert with same SO number. Pop up should only appear if another order is created.

Please advise what needs to configure to achieve this

Thanks and regards

Ajith G

former_member197621
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai Ajith G

How the system will know this SO has verified or not,for that add One udf with default values,Approved,Not-Approved

after verify the SO ask the use to change the status according to that SO,and inclued the condition in your alert query using this UDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasanna.

This I already thought of

But I just wanted to confirm that nothing is provided by the system.

former_member197621
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai Ajith G

Other wise u can do one thing,insist of alert try Approval procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your valid suggestions Prasanna.

But approval can delay the the sales process

Any way Thanks once again

former_member197621
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai

An other way is write a query report, and asign this report in uer menu for particular user, and ask the user to run this report daily basis ,(i think user will not accept this, anyhow am sharing my idea)