Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brazil - Withholding tax in A/R credit memos / notes

rene_coppens
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have implemented a proto-type of SAP ERP in Brazil to check out the taxes and in particularly the withholding taxes (WHT). We now have a test customer and test vendor for which withholding taxes have been activated and as a result, a withholding tax windows pops up while making a manual entry in FB01. The result of 4 test cases is as follows:

1) Manual entry A/P invoice => WHT data can be entered in pop-up window => OK

2) Manual entry A/P credit note => WHT data can be entered in pop-up window => OK

3) Manual entry A/R invoice => WHT data can be entered in pop-up window => OK

4) Manual entry A/R credit note => Pop-up window does not appear so WHT data can NOT be entered => not OK

I am puzzled why the WHT pop-up window does not show for case 4. I must be able to post a credit memo in case an incorrect outgoing invoice was originally posted in the external system according to the following workflow:

1) Outgoing A/R invoice is issued including WHT with doc.number 123456

2) More invoices to other customers are issued with doc. numbers 123457 and 123458

3) We now find that the invoice 1) was incorrect so want to issue a credit note with the orignal (WHT) values whereby the credit note receives doc.number 123459

4) Now we re-issue the corrected invoice including WHT with doc.number 123460

Within SAP, I could use FB08 of course for the reversal, but this won't work in the situation above where my document number is provided by the external system.

Does anyone have experiences with WHT in Brazil and is our customising incorrect or is anyone aware of a common business practise why the WHT pop-up window does not appear for the outgoing A/R credit note.

Thanks a lot in advance.

René

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rene_coppens
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nataly I think you must post a new thread here so I can reply to and you can indicate then if your question is solved.

rene_coppens
Participant
0 Kudos

Was this solved meanhwile via the posting key?

rene_coppens
Participant
0 Kudos

Posting key field status was the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

I'm facing the same problem with the Withholding Tax in Mexico regarding A/R Credti Memos not being able to be posted. You mentioned that a posting key was the solution, could you please explain to me in more detail how does this posting key solution works?

I have reviewed all of the configuration and nothing seems to work.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Nataly Hernández