Brazil - Withholding tax in A/R credit memos / notes
We have implemented a proto-type of SAP ERP in Brazil to check out the taxes and in particularly the withholding taxes (WHT). We now have a test customer and test vendor for which withholding taxes have been activated and as a result, a withholding tax windows pops up while making a manual entry in FB01. The result of 4 test cases is as follows:
1) Manual entry A/P invoice => WHT data can be entered in pop-up window => OK
2) Manual entry A/P credit note => WHT data can be entered in pop-up window => OK
3) Manual entry A/R invoice => WHT data can be entered in pop-up window => OK
4) Manual entry A/R credit note => Pop-up window does not appear so WHT data can NOT be entered => not OK
I am puzzled why the WHT pop-up window does not show for case 4. I must be able to post a credit memo in case an incorrect outgoing invoice was originally posted in the external system according to the following workflow:
1) Outgoing A/R invoice is issued including WHT with doc.number 123456
2) More invoices to other customers are issued with doc. numbers 123457 and 123458
3) We now find that the invoice 1) was incorrect so want to issue a credit note with the orignal (WHT) values whereby the credit note receives doc.number 123459
4) Now we re-issue the corrected invoice including WHT with doc.number 123460
Within SAP, I could use FB08 of course for the reversal, but this won't work in the situation above where my document number is provided by the external system.
Does anyone have experiences with WHT in Brazil and is our customising incorrect or is anyone aware of a common business practise why the WHT pop-up window does not appear for the outgoing A/R credit note.
Thanks a lot in advance.