cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS status complete technically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

due to oss note 927960 it is not possible to transfer the cproject status to wbs automatically.

How do you complete technically the project in the ECC-system? For automatically created wbs elements in ECC the master data is locked, so that means the following steps are necessary:

- set status in cprojects

- unlock the master data in PS

- set status in PS

- lock master data in PS

Is there any better solution to set the status in cprojctes and in parallel in PS?

Thank's for your answers!

best regards

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christine Sprinzl ,

Honestly speeking, I donot like the logic that the status 'master data locked' while cProject replication. Fortuenately there is a Badi Method to in-active this standard logic.

To synchronize the status, a customer (batch) report has to be written, which read the status of cProject elements and set the PS status accordingly. I hope, that someone has already such report and can share it.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo,

I think, that will be the only solution to write a program that updates the status.

I just don't understand why the status is updated when you use intenral orders instead of wbs-elements. Maybe in a future release it will also be possible to update the status with SAP standard programs.

regards

Christine

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

SAP has been informed about it. I hope, that the funtionality will be enhanced in the next release.

KInd regards,

Zhenbo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you use cProject - SAP PS becomes secondary and role of WBS is just become a cost collector in place of Internal Order.

Date and Tasks also not get updated in SAP PS when you do any change in cProject. It is recommended to use cProject only

to monitor the project.

If you need to update the status of WBS in SAP PS because of business requirement then I suggest you don't create WBS from

cProject just link these two in cProject. And keep updating WBS-SAP PS with the required information through scheudled batch program.

Reg,

Shashi Somani