Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementation and support project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts

Can any body clearly elaborate the difference between implantation

and support projects..

means if a person is in implementation project what are his key responsibilities?

when a guy is in support project what are his responsibilities?

please explain me clearly with examples..

My e-mail jangareddy_d@yahoo.co.in.

thanks and regards

jangareddy.

Message was edited by: Jangareddy dasari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI janga

in implemntation project u r responsible for creating the ods,cubes,infoobjects and all the development work u will be working the other module guys and validate the reports and then it goes live.and process chains are designed so as to automate the loading the data. and once the project goes live ur responsibilities include monitoring the process chains and tickets raised by the users regarding the differences the r3 and bw.

if u are looking for a break in bw then i suggest not to tell that u are working in a implementation bcoz the qestions will be tough on it better say support project

best of luck

k.mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Implementation project includes from building from the scratch. The starting point to ending point of the project. Yuo plan, design and test in the process of development. You create all new objects required for the client business and derive their functionality. Then it goes to live.

Support project includes maintaining the production. Which means you will be maintaining the existing and already developed objects in production. In BW the support includes dataloads, resolving any errors which are encountered in the day to day process....etc.