cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening a Support document when clicked on a button in Webdynpro-ABAP.

selvakumar_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement that when clicking on a button it should open a file which has file name stored in a table. How to make this possible.

The path of the file should not be hardcoded, since the user can change the file and its name anytime, he will just update the name in that table. Our report has to fetch that exact file.

Please help me in this.

Thanks,

Selvakumar M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selva,

Could you be more clear.

I have a few Qs : - What kind of a file are you trying to open, where is this file stored,in which format ?

We have fileDownload uielement available that can open a file that is XSTIRNG format.

Regards,

Radhika.

selvakumar_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

We will be having the file stored in the common shared path, file may be of either .Pdf or .doc.

I have not used the file upload option before, so i am not sure about it.

But my requirement is not upload, it has to open a file from a path. Sorry if i mistook the meaning of the file upload option.

Thanks for quick turnaround.

Selva M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selva,

I have suggested File Download uielement in my reply and not fileuplaod.

One more Question, as you said you are picking the file from a shared path then where does the table come into the picture.

Are you storing the filename in the table ?

Radhika.

selvakumar_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

Sorry i read it wrong!

Yes the table will be holding the file name. So we cant hardcode the filename in the file path. so we have to read the table for file name before we generate the path to access the file.

thanks!

Selva M,