cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Smartform after preview print with a selection screen

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am facing with some smartform printing problem.

Here is the problem:

We develop an add_on program for printing some FI report and we use F:Front end Printing in SPAD Access Method.

The problem that we faced is: After enter the TCODE, we select preview into the smartform window.( Display is all right) At this window, when we click Print Icon, the output request directly sent to the printer and the page printed out without giving a selection window for selecting Printers and printing page range (Like standard print configuration).

What we want is that after displaying the FI report in smartform, we could select the print page range and printers in user's PC.

Appreciate for your valuable advice.

BR,

Derek Yang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Usually,I choose a FM named 'SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME' to get the name of Smartform ,and use the returned FM name to print it , then it will pop a window to select.

Edited by: Alberto Fantasista on Jul 13, 2009 8:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pass the value 'X' to the field PREVIEW in the CONTROL_PARAMETERS structure in the driver program.

Coding will be like this.

CONTROL_PARAMETERS- PREVIEW = 'X'.

This value needs to be passed to get the preview during the call of the function module.

Regards

Narasingam. B

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

After study this case, I found that it is incapable of SAP to achieve what I want.

Thanks everyone.

venkat_o
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to set PREVIEW = 'X', before you see print preview.

Try this way

CALL FUNCTION 'SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME'
    EXPORTING
      formname = 'ZTEST_SMARTFORM'
    IMPORTING
      fm_name  = fm_name.

DATA:ssfctrlop TYPE ssfctrlop.
  ssfctrlop-preview = 'X'. "Needs to be set this. It shows dialog window to set print parameters

CALL FUNCTION fm_name
    EXPORTING
      control_parameters = ssfctrlop
    TABLES
      it_nfal            = it_nfal.

Thanks

Venkat.O

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try using GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS FM in your code.. if you can..