cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

process for billing the customer if the repair does not fall under warranty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I got one issue related to repair process, We have restricled the item quantity to only one at item categoty level. BUt i am facing the below problem with my cklient

what is best practice for billing the customer if the repair does not fall under warranty?

Please suggest which process i suggest to client

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

When you mean warranty, where is that updated in the system? In any master data or Z table?

Usual practise is basing on the serial num of the material. From the serial num, users will be able to back track from which sales order this material is initially delivered to the customer. The info is stored in standard tables (for eg EQUI)

One way of doing this is to define a 100% discount condition type in your pricing. Thsi discount will apply only when the customer is in warranty. For this you will need to write a code in teh requirement routine for that condition type in V/08. If warranty is stored in a Z table, then call that Z table & compare it with your sales order. If yes, only then 100% discount will apply & repair cost will be zero. Else, repair charge will be billed to customer.

It depends how your business will monitor repairs. If they raise a service order, then you will need to define a service pricing procedure in which you will include the 100% discount. In this case service order is always referenced with ref to a sales order.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sivanand,

Thanks for quick responce.

We are creating the repair order with reference to the service order.

My quiestion is how we can do billing to customer if the repair does not fall undr warranty..

How can i proceed if there is warranty for that particular product? we can proceed by creditmeno or other?

Regards,

KV

Edited by: kv on Jul 13, 2009 9:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Clarification: What is your business process? You will 1st raise a service order & then see if it requires repair. If yes, then you will raise a repair order. Here you will have 2 options. 1, product is in warranty & you will not charge the customer for the repair. 2, product is not in warranty & you will bill the customer for repair. Is that your process?

Then how will you close the service order? Irrespective of the product being in warranty or not, are you going to charge the customer for the service? If yes, will you have 2 billings (1 for repair order & other for service order)? Also the price from repair invoice should flow into service invoice. Is that correct?

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

Your correct, thanks for quick response.Actuvally the process as below

My process is , we will first rasie a service order & then see if it requires repair. If yes, then you will raise a repair order. Here you will have 2 options. 1, product is in warranty & you will not charge the customer for the repair. 2, product is not in warranty & you will bill the customer for repair.

The above process is correct but my the new scenario is if the repair does not fall under warranty ?

How we can suggest for above scenario. Is there any docuemnt we will issued to customer like creditmemo or other.?

Please suggest which process i can fallow for above scenario.?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks in advance

KV