cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Running dialog work process in production ststem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

IIn our production system one dialog work process is running more then 5 days. i can not terminate or cancel the process.'

I tried all the ways to cancel the work process. i restart the system (offline backup) but still that work process are showing running status....

Kindly advice....

Thanks & Regards,

Sundar.C

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunder,

Kill at o/s level.

Regards

Ashok Dalai

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
IIn our production system one dialog work process is running more then 5 days. i can not terminate or cancel the process.'

I tried all the ways to cancel the work process. i restart the system (offline backup) but still that work process are showing running status....

Maximum runtime of dialog work process is controlled by parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time I am not sure how it is possible to have dialog work process running for so many days. Secondly, when you restart the system means new PIDs will be allocated and it will be not the same dialog work process. Check SM50, trace information for more details and clues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I killed the PID at OS level..

Thanks for your support....

Thanks & Regards,

Sundar.C

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you see the PID running at OS level?....

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunder,

Execute tcode SM50. Select the dialogue WP. From menu select Process -> trace -> Active components.

Change trace level 2 and select all components, and save. Wait for 20 minutes and then again deselect all components and save. Goto again process->trace->display file, go at bottom. See which process is running. Try to find out process configuration and change it.

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the trace of that perticular work process and find out that what program is getting fired.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol