cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot mark as approve for workflow

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! I have created a very simple workflow to test out the Approve stencil/function. The workflow is like this:

Start -> Process -> Approve -> Stop

The records are checked in when I imported the records. But when I logged in as the approver and right click on the individual record, I can only use Mark as Done option but not the Mark as Approve or Mark as Disapprove options.

Anything that I have missed out?

Cheers!

SF

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

Make sure the User/Role assigned to the Process and the Approve step are not the same.

Because it could happen that you are login in as the Approver but as the Approver and the Process step owners are the same you are seeing the Task with the Process owner and so it is asking you to Mark as Done rather than Mark as Approve.

In MDM WF the Task moves step by Step so that means the Approver can perform the task only once the Process team has finished their task and moves the task forward.

You can refer the below links for futher clarification:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b70eb612-0b01-0010-70b4-a01122d3...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60559952-ff62-2910-49a5-b4fb8e94...

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the answers.

The Process step is causing a bit of problem for me. My intention is to use it to approve catalog changes. In this case (and in a very simple scenario), I will not really need a Process step before the Approve step. However, I cannot link the Start step fo the Approve step. Another alternative is that I link Start -> Notify -> Approve -> Stop. But if some items are rejected (Mark as Disapprove), the system will go back to the Notify step which is not what I want. Has anybody done something like this before (using the Approve step)?

Note that I have created a more complicated workflow with loops and all that and it works. But here I am trying to explore the use of Approve more.

Cheers!

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF

You can have a simple workflow like Start-> Validate-> Approve.

Validate step is automatically executed and user need not mark the job as Done.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF

Done option is coming for indicatingthe completion of process step.

Once this is completed workflow will goto Approve step and Approver can mark the records as Approved or unapproved.

Please note that process is a mnaul step and used for doing steps like say merging the records, data quality checks or any other work not supported by workflow steps.

best regards

Ravi Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SF,

You have a process step before approve step, which means before approval you need to mark them as done in order to move them to the next step of approval.

Select the relevant records to process and say done and then login as approver to approve them.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz