cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back and Forth Function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I use SRM 7.0 and process controlled workflow. The standard back & forth function is between approver and creater. Is there any way that the approver A can return the objects to approver B and let approver B to change the object? Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

I think i find some way. First I use complete workflow, when the approver A want to return item to apporver B, he can can use inquiry function. The stand system return the iteam to creater, but system admin can forward it to approver B by SWIA. After approver B modify the item, the item will go back to approver A. That meet my business requirements.

Now what i need to do is some customzing work:

1, let the approver select people when he use inquiry function

2. let system use SWIA function to forward the work item to the selected poeple by approver.

Anyone have idea and useful suggestion above this solution? Many thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SRM 7.0 Process controlled workflow the Approver can reject the workflow so that the workitems will

go to the creator for any changes.

(or) you have to use forwarding the workitems only

Regards

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh ,

7.0 Stand workflow also offers 'inquiry' function. The approver can send back item to creater and after creater change the item, it will go back to the approver again. That's what I mean back$forth function. Now my requirement is the approver can sent back item to anyone, not only creater.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain your business scenario? I've never heard such a requirement.

>Now my requirement is the approver can sent back item to anyone, not only creater.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki,

The business scenario like below:

The request create a SC. The budget controller approve the SC. When 1st line manager make approval, he wants the budget controller to add some explanation about the Budget which the request can't provide. So he needs to return the SC to budget controller. Budget controller add some information on SC and return to 1st line manager. 1st line Manager then make the approval.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about using reviewer function?

If budget is the last 10%, budget manager is automatically included as reviewer.

Manager can ask somthing by email to reviewer. Reviewer can add some comments or attachment.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki ,

Thank you for your suggestion. The reviewer can't meet the business requirment, thanks.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

What kind of information the budget controller is going to add ?

>Budget controller add some information on SC

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki ,

The controller maybe adapt the budget info, like account. So he maybe changed the sc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We Enhance WF template and realize it.

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Darcy,

Does standard Forwarding functionality not suit your requirement?

Approver A can forward the workitem to approver B and back.

Please let me know if you have some other specific requirement.

Regards,

Saumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saumya

When Approver A forward item to Approver B, if Approver B change and submit the item, then the item will go to next level after Approver A, not back to Approver A. That's the difference between back&forth and forward function.