cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a adapter module ( java bean ) which gives either of 2 xmlx : Xml A or Xml B

Xml A : has a separate mapping and then it is mapped to IDOC.

Xml B : is mapped to a flat file and goes to a directory on NFS

So the way to design this is a single comm channel will pick files and either of 2 xmls will be generated. In first scenario recev determination : i will put cond recv determination that only xml having top node of xml A should pass and then through pipeline steps it will be mapped to IDOC,.

And in second case for XMl B : same channel will pick file but in cond recv detemrination : i will put a check to let only xml pass through which has top node as of xml B.

So basically in pipeline steps : first the sender channel picks file and then all the recv determination etc happens?

Want to confirm whether this design will work?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This shouldnt have any issues.

Make sure instead of directly using an xpath to check condition, create a context object.

I suggest this because your adapter module will generate two different xml structures and hence only a pre defined context object can make sure the right path is checked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmm thanks but why context object? even xpath would do ... in cond recv determination.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes but since you said you will be generating out two different XML structures.

Your xpath will work incase the structures match for the check. In case it does you can surely go for the XPATH

Former Member
0 Kudos

the xml structure is fixed : for the 2 structures.

in xpath i can put in first cond recv det : /xmlheader nodeforXMLA EX ( Exists) then let it pass.

similarly in second cond recv det : /xmlheader nodeforXMLB EX (Exists) then let it pass.

will it not work?

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it will work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u.

if issues come in thie design will tell tomorrow.

Answers (0)