cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defects Recording in MIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

When we set this indicator , i am getting a warning message in QS21 / QP01. I already assigned the code 9 to the relevant plant .

But the warning message was suppressed if i assign any one of the code from code 9 in MIC or Inspection plan .

What was the concept behind it ?

I want to use the code in the defects recording only

Thanks

JJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jeevan

1) If you do not intend to have automatic defect recording you can remove the defect recording selecting in the control indicator . You can anway do manual defect recording in the result recording screen by click on the defect button.

2) You can either ignore this warning message

3) if you want only some codes to made available in result recording you can create a catalog profile and attach it to the material master in the QM View

Regards

Gajesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gajesh

Thanks for your response

When we set this indicator , i am getting a warning message in QS21 / QP01.

I do not want to assign a single code in the MIC or in the inspection plan

But we want to use this code only in the record results only .

How to do this , Please advice

Thanks

JJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

As you know defect recording is possible in three ways.

1.at char level.

2.at operation level.

3.at inspection lot level.

we want to use this code only in the record results only

For this do not maintain defect code in QP01.Tick on deefct record control indicator against task list & save.

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

The Defects tht u want to assigna are taken from the Inspection plan and in the inspection plan takes the data from the MIc

thts releationship between these ..

Regards

ramanujam

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear JJ

The defect recording tick in the mic is for automatic defect recording. What this means is if an inspection characteristic is rejected during results recording, the function for recording defects for a characteristic is automatically called up. Defects recording in the background is done if you define defect codes in the inspection characteristic.You can specify three defect codes for a quantitative characteristic:A defect code for a general rejection,A defect code for a rejection at an upper specification limit,A defect code for a rejection at a lower specification limit

If you do not need this functioanlity remove the tick from MIC. You can anyway o defect recording without this tick also

Hope this helps

Regards

Gajesh