cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mssql issue when using stms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an issue when transporting with stms; tp will not connect to the database, however the system is up and running just fine and running tp from the command line works well too.

STMS reports:

DB Connect Link to database failed

Offline Call connect failed

Examining tp system log shows:

ERROR: Connect to S40 failed (20090712194429).

ERROR: No connect due to DbSl Load Lib Failure

ERROR: environment variable dbms_type is not set.

I suspect that the reason that tp from the command line works just fine and stms doesn't has something to do with the fact that when I log on to the system to run tp directly, I am logge on as <sid>adm. However, when the system runs stms, it is running as SAPservice<sid>. So, we are not talking about the same user.

The fact that tp runs fine from the command line also rules out tp as the trouble maker.

I have checked the environments of <sid>adm and SAPservice<sid> and they appear to be the same:

DBMS_TYPE = mss

MSSQL_DBNAME = S40

MSSQL_SCHEMA = dbo

MSSQL_SERVER = srvsapdb-dev

Any ideas how to continue my troubleshooting?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I suspect its an Issue coz Application is unable to talk to database.

Can you please check if R3trans -d works fine and if it does not please check trans.log and you can paste the error.

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

I checked, and both tp and R3trans work fine from the command line. I investigated a bit further and finally decided to do a full kernel upgrade (tp, disp+work, database libraries etc). After that, everything worked. So I will write this off as some kernel issue.

Thanks for your input!

Thomas

Answers (0)