cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webdynpro application to find forntend printer name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My webdynpro application(runs within SAPGUI) is to print the smartform in local user printer. I'm using function module rspo_frontend_printer_for_dev to find the local windows printer. This function module logic is running fine in SE38 ( ABAP editor) to get the default windows local printer name in export parameter value in prdefault <longprintername> but if I use the same function module in Webdynpro application it give export parameter value in prdefault <__default> (which is not giving the longprintername).

How do I get the local windows default printer by using this function module or Is there any other approach I need to follow to get the printer name?

Note: This application does not required PDF print preview. I have also used submit program logic in webdynpro to call zreport program(using same function module) to find the local windows printer name but it give the same output prdefault = <__default> .

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Like the local printing itself, you have no access to any local printer information when running Web Dynpro. This is achieved in classic dynpro via the desktop application - SAPGUI. However in WDA, you have no connection to the SAPGUI and very limited access to the desktop because you are running within the security sandbox of the web browser.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

As you said in this forum i will ask for the setup for each of these printers within the SAP backend print infrastructure

Thanks,

Raj

Answers (0)