SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: "Sponsor does not have a customer associated with it" PLEASE HELP!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question about Business partner (sponsor) settings in Grants management:

I created a business partner (sponsor role) - as far as i can tell, it was configured correctly. I also created all the settings required to map the BP to a customer. I am able to create a business partner (sponsor), but each time i create a grant and use that sponsor, i get the following error message:

Sponsor 6000000001 does not have a customer associated with it

Message no. GRANTMGMT113

I have tried my best to investigate, but could not solve this issue. Since i cannot create a grant, i am stuck and cannot proceed further. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Any suggestions or solutions are much appreciated.

Thanks.

Venkat

Edited by: gmtech on Jul 12, 2009 7:59 PM

Edited by: gmtech on Jul 13, 2009 4:14 PM

1 REPLY 1

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat

This same answer has been provided to a colleague reporting the same issue in this forum:

[]

The sponsor should have a customer number behind

Please have a look at the online help:[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/8d/b6283b85b6666be10000000a114084/frameset.htm]

See Customizing Grantee Management ->GM-GTE Customizing: Master Data -> GM-GTE Master Data Customizing: Sponsor

You can adjust your customizing in a way to create the customer automatically at the time of creating the sponsor, or you can first create the sponsor and link it to a customer afterwards. This will depend on how the sponsor Role (Standard is PSSP01) is set.

you can find it in the IMG> Master Data Synchronization> Customer/Vendor Integration> Business Partner Settings> Settings for Customer Integration> Set BP Role Category for Direction BP to Customer

and check options 'Customer-based' or 'Optional for Customer'

Hope this will help. Please mark this thread as answered and use the other thread so we can have the same public information

Kind regards

Mar

Edited by: Mar Novalbos on Jul 16, 2009 9:57 AM

Edited by: Mar Novalbos on Jul 16, 2009 9:58 AM