cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSTXSCRP - script download and upload - issue during upload with IMPORT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to uload the script from one server to onother server, and those servers are not in landscape.

my requirement is to change the std. script PM_common in one server and download the script using program

RSTXSCRP using option EXPORT to desktop file. i was successful in that.

when i am trying to IMPORT that form in another server using option IMPORT in program - RSTXSCRP - it is throwing

an error.

I do not want to specify the same script name when i upload to another server - reason being we should not change

the std. script PM_Common in the server.

pls. guide me as to how to proceed further.

The error's that i am encountering are -- ERROR: Dataset does not contain object Z1234 but PM_COMMONHFORMPM_COMMON OLANE H

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check if the object 'pm_object' in server1 should have same name as 'pm_object' server2 before exporting into server2.

Regards,

Kumar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can use notepad to change the name in the file.

BUT be very carefull with it.

You have to take care of the spaces. If you change a longer name with a shorter name then you must add spaces.

Maybe it is easier to change the name to a name with as many characters.

I have doen it many times. It really works,

Gr., Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The RSTXSCRP program won't allow you to change the name during exporting to another server.

So as suggested, You can copy it to the same server with desired name and then export the script to different environment.

Cheers

Ajay

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its not advisable to change the name of the script in the Note pad file... I guess SAP has documented it...

rather copy the form u want to export with ur desired name.. and use the same name during import in another server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

try to:

1. replace all occurances of script name (PM_COMMON) with new name (z1234) using notepad

2. or create new form z1234 in source system by copying (se71-utilities-copy from client) and next export new form via RSTXSCRP

regards,darek