cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order item plant determination based on inventory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need to provide estimate ASAP so plant is determined on sales order item based on batch expiration of inventory in multiple plants.

If a material has batches in mutiple plant storage locations, the plant needs to be selected based on ordered qty and ATP qty of batches across plants using FEFO (first expire, first out). Do not want the actual batch assigned on the sales order, but to reduce inventory over time using FEFO as the deliveries occur (when batches are assigned).

Also, our current design is to default the storage loc on the order (custom) and not looking to redesign this existing process, if possible.

I am familair with standard plant dermination of CMIR, customer, and material and how this cannot solve this. I am also know of USEREXIT_SOURCE_DETERMINATION (but never used). I see this executes early in the process and not all internal tables are fully populated. Using USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP may also help, but the timing event has to be correct so everthing else works corrects (shipping pt, routes, custom-exit etc).

Anyway, before I get a chance to prototype, was wondering if anyone has any insights into this.

Regards, Scott

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Both planning (MRP) and ATP is carried out at plant level in ECC6.0 (standard system). If you want to optimize your process above plant level you should use SAP APO (in my opinion).

Regards,

Csaba

Answers (0)