Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM-MDM catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are in POC for SRM7.0 with MDM3.0 Catalog. Here I have some questions

1) We are not using any external catalog i.e you said that is only internal MDM catalog is XI required for this??

We are not using any Contracts,PIR from ECC or SRM. and We have created some products in to the MDM system repository and created an System in SAP EP and linked MDM system to SAP EP. But we are not able to see any search or products in the SAP EP UI. All are showing as errors. Can you please guide me what is the next steps to be followed??

2) I have Given the Same URL which we are using for access of SRM via portal will it trigger MDM-Catalog link also??

3) I want to show some images in the catalog.

Can you please guide me what is the next steps to follow..

Regards,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Follow the below steps

Prerequisites

1. SRM Server

2. SRM-MDM Catalog 2.0 installables

3. Web Application Server

1. Download the SRM-MDM Catalog installable from Market Place.

2. Install the MDM Server and other GUI Clients

3. UnArchive the SRM-MDM repository available with the installables only and import/create data in it.

4. Deploy the two SCA files - MDMJavaAPI and SRMMDMCAT on WAS and restart the Portal

5. Access the Config UI by using the URL http://<Server>:<Port>/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM and change the layout as per the requirement. In this you can specify the fields to be displayed for Search, type of UI etc for the particular user

6. Create the Web Service in SRM system and specify all the required parameters. You should get the SRM-MDM configuration guide from Market Place.

7. Change the Org Plan in SRM to assign the Catalog to the SRM users.

8. Login into EBP and select SHOP, you should get the SRM-MDM Catalog link if all the configurations are there in place.

As far as XI/PI is concerned, it is required if you want to transfer Suppliers, contracts info from SRM system. If you this data in files then you can directly import them in MDM without using XI.

Note: In order to show images in the catalog - Open the MDM Data Manager, from the top-left hand side select the Images table from the drop down list, right click on it and select Add. This will open the pop up window, select Edit, right click on Data Groups and select Add Child, give any name and click OK. Select the newly added child and select Add, navigate to the path where images are stored, select the images to be added and click Open. Click OK. This will add images into your repository. Now the next step is to link these images with the catalog items i.e. records. For this, Select the main table from the drop down list, select the particular record, double click on Images field and select the data group created at the time of import, you will find all the images present in that data group, move any of the image to right hand side, this will link the image with the catalog item.

Now, open the above link to access configuration UI, select Customize Display tab and add the field Images to Display fields i.e. move it on right hand side. Check the catalog in EBP.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks For your support

Regards

Anil Kumar

Edited by: anil.srm on Jul 13, 2009 8:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Anil:

1、In this case like you said ,I do not tink the XI is necessary.Only if you use Contracts,PIR from ECC or SRM.,the XI need.

2、I think so

ALEX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply I found that we don't required SAP PI or XI at this scenario what we are in.

The remaining are still open questions.Can any body through some light on this.

Regards

Anil

Edited by: anil.srm on Jul 12, 2009 1:42 PM

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Catalog can show images. There is no problem.

You need to import images in Data Manager.

Regards,

Masa