Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW70 with EhP1 installation: import Java: SEVERE: couldn't connect to DB

marcio_bustos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Im running an installation of NW with EhP1 with DB2 LUW v9.1 FixPak 7 (installation Master 701 SR1) under Linux.

At the phase 27 import Java dump, sapinst fails with following error message :

INFO: Jload -sec J01,jdbc/pool/J01,/usr/sap/J01/SYS/global/security/data/SecStore.properties,/usr/sap/J01/SYS/global/security/data/SecStore.key -dataDir /soft/51037093/DATA_UNITS/JAVA_EXPORT_JDMP -job /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW701/AS-JAVA/DB6/CENTRAL/IMPORT.XML -log jload.log

Jul 11, 2009 1:53:49 PM com.sap.inst.jload.Jload main

SEVERE: couldn't connect to DB

Checking DB2 dump file, I see the following message :

2009-07-11-13.53.49.894270-180 I55334E287 LEVEL: Warning

PID : 27902 TID : 140241524053744

FUNCTION: DB2 Common, Security, Users and Groups, secLogMessage, probe:20

DATA #1 : String, 67 bytes

Password validation for user sapj01db failed with rc = -2146500504

When trying to connect direct with sapdb has the correct rigths at the instance:

./db2 connect to J01

Database Connection Information

Database server = DB2/LINUXX8664 9.1.7

SQL authorization ID = SAPJ01DB

Local database alias = J01

Seems that the connection failure is only when trying from client connections,

Probably SecStore.key wrongly created during installation ? As the AS is not yet installed I have no access to configtool to reset or set it up again, therefore I'm a bit in a "deadlock" situation

Anyway any tip or clues about the issue will be more than welcome

Regards,

Márcio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcio,

This is a known error. Check SAP Note 1080149 - DB6: SQL30082N when you execute CLP commands

Thanks

Sunny

marcio_bustos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

Thanks for your OSS Note, but I'm running on DB2 V9.1 FixPak7 and the OSS note concerns only and up to FixPak 2

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This type of error comes when length of the password is less than eight characters. Have you checked lenght of password ?

For refrence check below guide with error code SQL30082N

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/products/db2/info/vr95/pdf/en_US/iiylse951.pdf

Thanks

Sunny

marcio_bustos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

Yes, i've tried several times with different passwords variations / lenghts, with and without special charaters and so on...

I've also seen the IBM's guide about the error codes, but code 24 means invalid user/ password, but as this is being driven by sapinst the only possible (guess) error might be coming from it, since I'm able to logon with the created users and the informed passwords.

I'm wondering if there is a way to recreate the Secure Storage files without having the AS completely installed since it fails just before the installation of instance...

Anyway thanks for your answer, but I'm still have the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos
SEVERE: couldn't connect to DB

Did you try to connect manually to DB?

marcio_bustos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello, thanks for your try, but you haven't even read my post, yes I tried to logon manually and it works.