cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple files to single file without using BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to send three files to my receiver system. 2 files of same structure and third file combination of first two files mapping

i want send that two 3 files to BI (SINGLE FILE) with out BPM.

This is very very urgent.plz give correct solution

Regards,

Suman.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

AaronLong
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you elaborate a bit more of your requirement ?

I would assume you wanna send file1,file2 and file3 and merge them to 1 file as a result in the receiver system.

Is this correct ?

if so, I would suggest you do it in this way without a BPM.

You can use 1 mapping for file1, file2 and file3 by using the structure of file3 since it contains both file1 and file2.

In the receiver, append a counter to the filename. use EOIO from sender side to keep the sequence.

Write a shell script/external program ,let say program.abc, to check the counter of the file name, if the counter could be divided by 3, append file1file2file3 by means of append file{counter-2}file{counter-1}file and generate a new fileX, then delete those files. fileX will be your target.

configure your file receiver to call program.abc.

Hope this is helpful.

cheers,

Aaron

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using a FIle Adapter then check the use of "Adavnced Selection of Source File" option in your case.....also there are many threads answering the same type of query...just search with the words "Multiple File"....mentioning one such thread:

If you cannot opt for this method then use a BPM with following pattern:

Fork(or loop)---->N:1Transformation ---> Send....

Regards,

Abhishek.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I have to send three files to my receiver system. 2 files of same structure and third file combination of first two files mapping

> i want send that two 3 files to BI (SINGLE FILE) with out BPM.

if you have to combine two files to one, then BPM is a must.

Your scenario is very simple if BPM is involved.

I suggest you going down that line of design

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Your question is not clear. You want to send three files out of which 2 has the same structure and the third one is combination of both the two files which you send, so logically it seems the 3rd file is also the same you are sending. Is this what you want or my understanding is wrong. if yes then create three business service and three mappings and send them to all of them.

Regards,

---Satish