cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link CRM opportunity to R/3 projects through object relationship

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

i have this new development to link CRM opportunity with R/3 projects ( table PROJ ). as user creates the opportunity in CRM in relationships tab he should be able to see the R/3 projects as part of search help when he select create relationship -> projects. i have manged to get the project data from R/3 to CRM through middleware and search help is also showing list of all the projects. problems arises when i try to save the relationship by pressing save button. it gives me error messsage that

'Project with the number SI090100000000000 does not exist ==> Interlinkage is not created'

Please help me how to maintain this linkage.

Thanks

Sudhir Grover

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Dear Sudhir,

I have search this help portal a lot to find the solution for my need that,

Present I am working for a project where the same requirement that what you had in one of your project and did successfully. Let me explain about it,

Opportunities will be created in CRM  and Projects will be created out side CRM (Project systems) now I have to link this projects information to the corresponding opportunities in CRM.

For this, I was knew we have to set up "Object relationship profile" that is it.

But once I red this thread theoretically I got confidence, the requirement can be achieved by following your way, but here I have the below doubts

1. How to replicate CProjects to CRM from ECC?? (Present middleware set up is working fine (BPs and Products, and etc. replication is happing fine)

2. ITS (PPM URl) is already provided by PPM team and working fine (I have tested using Transaction launcher), in this case can I use that ITS URL?

I am really grateful to you!! Kindly help me out!!

My Email ID is - i.mpossibleeeeee@gmail.com

Thanks and regards,

Shaik. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

i am working on this project which is basically computer hardware and newtworking devices vendor. they creates the WBS under PS for scheduling and tasking for asembling of various products they delivers. in CRM before creating quotation from opportunity they want to see the details of those tasks of projects to faciliate their quotation creation.

i hope this clarifies your question.

Thanks and Regards

Sudhir Grover

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

So it is just information of Project structure and no assignment of WBS to any transaction line item. ok,

Check the tables CGPL_PROJECT and CGPL_TASK in CRM, whether the required data from PS has been transferred.

CGPL_PROJECT would be the top level project name and Activity data will be on CGPL_TASK.

Thanks

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to link opportunities with Cprojects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Would appreciate if you can share the solution with the group.

Thanks

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cproject suite is an webdynpro based addon application which with the help of basis guys we needs to install firstly. report CRM_CPRJ_DATAEXCHANGE can be used to check whether Cproject is installled or not. once installation is done we need to configure basic settings through link

http://help.sap.com/SCENARIOS_BUS2005/helpdata/EN/D8/0D134E26B6CE43A03C09BCC12BA58B/frameset.htm

Go to General settings->Determine the URL for calling cProjects and activate the various servies mentioned there for accessing Cprojects.

Thanks and Regards

Sudhir Grover

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sudhir for linking CRM opportunity to R/3 PS. There is two things we need to ensure in PS

1. Define CRM opportunity mask similar to Project coding mask.

2. In SPRo -->PS >Project Replication>Define Project Scenario

Here you have to define Project profile ,Network profile & Order type, MRP Ctr.( IF you want the network in that ).

We are using this functionality for the mapping WBS smiler to CRM marketing opportunity .

I am not aware exactly what settings needed to be done in CRM , But before testing you have to make sure that your BASIS has linked R/3 system - client to CRM system - client via RFC connection .

As per the std. functionality once you Release the CRM opportunity system will create operative project in R /3.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

I know we can integrate marketing projects in CRM to PS so that the planned and actual costs for the campaigns could be transferred to PS, please let me know the business reason to link opportunities to PS, since an opportunity is very early in Sales process when sales hasn't started.

Thanks

Robin