cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiveCache Installation - SCM 5.0 SR1 on Windows with Oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have installed SCM 5.0 SR1 on windows with Oracle DB. I want to know if Live Cache is installed by default with SCM 5.0 installation.

I have been through Live Cache installation guide for SCM 5.0 SR1, it has been mentioned to go through the following path ---Choose SAP NetWeaver 2004s --> Standalone Engines --> liveCache Server --> liveCache Server Instance --> Next,

But when i started my Installation Master, i can see the following options --- SAP NetWeaver 2004s --> Standalone Engines --> liveCache --> Live Cache client installation (I can see only the livecache client installation but not livecache server instance installation??)

I am using the following materila number for installation Master --> 51031797. I can see an option to install

SCM Optimizer installation

in the following path -- SAP SCM 5.0 SR1 --> SCM Optimizer --> SCM Optimizer installation.

Could you please explain What is SCM Optimizer installation?

My main aim is to install Livecache, Please help me in this..

Thanks,

Subbu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

well what you can do is :

install the liveCache (in different server)

or

stop using transactions which require liveCache

-> what application you are using in SCM (you plann to use) ?

Regards

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Subbu,

to install liveCache with SCM50 , you will need different operating system , you will not be able to install it in in 32 bit Windows.

You need to have 64 bit os.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ivan,

Okay. any idea how to overcome the errors like Live cacahe not installed / configured in SCM 5.0?

Thanks,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Subbu,

have you actualy installed liveCache server ?

have you configured it (configure LCA LDE LEA connections, administration reports, ... and many other things, all mentioned in liveCache install guide )

Regards

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ivan,

I have not installed Live Cache. If i go through as per the installation guide "SAP Netweaver 2004s SR1 standalone Engine SAP LiveCache Technology: Windows ", they have mentioned the following path:

Choose SAP NetWeaver 2004s --> Standalone Engines --> liveCache Server --> liveCache Server Instance --> Next,

But when i started my Installation Master, i can see the following options --- SAP NetWeaver 2004s --> Standalone Engines --> liveCache --> Live Cache client installation (I can see only the livecache client installation but not livecache server instance installation??)

As i am using IM_WINDOWS_I386 that option may be disabled but how to overcome that and install Live Cacahe? Could you please guide me?

Thanks,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Subbu,

IF you are installing SCM+liveCache on Windows IA32 server you will not see "liveCache server" option because

liveCache is not released for this os/platform. I think this is the reason why you do not see the "server" option.

Regards

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ivan,

Thank you very much for your input. Actually when a consultant tried exchanging data between ECC 6.0 and SCM 5.0 systems, in SCM 5.0 he is getting an error that Live cache is not configured. Could you please explain how to overcome this issue?

Thanks,

Subbu

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats because Livecache is a completely different installation based on MaxDB.

Read,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/42/db70ae3f382cede10000000a1553f7/content.htm

The installation files can be downloaded from SAP Marketplace

Regards

Juan